IAG Rights Issue

Information about the IAG rights issue was shared this morning. Will we be notified by Trading 212 about taking up this offer and how does this work (I’m a new trader!).

1 Like

I imagine that T212 will contact us.
However, I don’t believe IAG has released the information just yet, we will have to wait to see the confirmed RNS with all the details first.

3 Likes

Info released here: https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/press-releases/english/2020/Fully%20Underwritten%20Capital%20Increase%20to%20Raise%20Gross%20Proceeds%20of%202741%20million.pdf

2 Likes

I contacted T212 this morning when I read the news, they said we should recieve an in app notification or by email.

5 Likes

We’ll let each shareholder participate once the subscription period begins.

6 Likes

Thanks… looking forward to utilizing my right allotment ratio.

Does anyone know if there is a cut-off date by which we need to have the shares in order to take part in the rights issue?

2 Likes

I’d be keen to utilise my full allotment. An in app notification would be snazzy as I’m worried I’ll miss the email!

1 Like

It’s unclear to me. Today is the last day of trading of the shares with the right to the shares issue, however I don’t if that limit was at open today (like the dividend EX-DATE, which realistically is closure of yesterday) or at closure of today.

I assume it is at closure today, I think it would make more sense.

Ex-rights = 14th …
Credited to Crest - 17th
Rights converted to Fully Paid and start of trading - 7th Oct

1 Like

I understand today is last chance to buy more shares that would be eligible for consideration under RI. I’ve been buying more on that basis. So what you hold at close of today will determine your entitlement.

1 Like

Correct. It’s Ex Rights at the moment of market open on the 14th

1 Like

@David , I believe hargreaves lansdown has sent out emails to investors regarding IAG rights issue subscription. Are we getting an email for this soon as well this week?

2 Likes

We’ll send out an email regarding this particular event to all of the ISA/Invest shareholders. Most probably, you’ll receive it within a few hours.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update

Would have been useful to receive a notification on the app or via email regarding the IAG rights issue. I’ve been an IAG share holder for some months now and have cost averaged down this morning, a very unhappy customer

1 Like

Dont Avg cost down, wait for T212 to send you your right issue. Via App, email or community.

1 Like

I’m aware of this now, but hadn’t received any notification via app/email. I’m fairly new to trading so still trying to grasp the intricacies of the trading platforms. I don’t understand why I didn’t receive any info on this matter. I’m angry at myself that I bought more shares this morning without checking but still think 212 should have notified

1 Like

Hi, i have a few shares in IAG, the price has dropped by a huge amount today, is that because of the shares issue? If so what does that mean to me? I have mine in my ISA and i don’t have any money to buy any! Have i just lost out?
Thanks…

1 Like

As above Ex-rights was the 14th. So if you had your shares BEFORE today then you’re eligible to take part in the rights issue (ie. Buying discounted IAG to match how many shares you have).