Indian companies?

Is it actually possible to add companies from India such as Reliance Industries Limited?? If not then it saves me filling up the page with suggestions.

2 Likes

It’s not possible at the moment.

I’d like to see some suggestions and thoughts on each ticker if you get chance to jot them down.

2 Likes

(NSE: RELIANCE) Large Indian conglomerate, owns Jio, India’s largest mobile network operator.

(NSE: TCS) World’s largest IT service provider, said to be innovative.

(NSE: INFY) Second-largest Indian IT company and winner of many awards.

(NSE: KOTAKBANK) Second largest Indian bank and seems to be growing quickly.

These are quite well established companies but there will of course be others with even more opportunity for growth. It’s a country I’d like to keep an eye on, shame we can’t access their shares.

@JJ_1989 If you don’t mind me asking as you are interested in the Indian market, what is your view on Eros International as an investment?

Well the stock price has dropped considerably the last few years so may be a good time to get in if you feel they’ll do well going forward. I believe they’re involved in streaming services which may help during these Covid times, however, I think India has Netflix as well. They also have some big partnerships, though I’m not sure how much that will really be of benefit to them, as I’ve read some things about them having accounting irregularities, which is concerning. It’s something that may be worth taking a punt at but for me it’s a little too risky. I’m not an experienced investor tbh but if I was ever going to risk money it’d be on innovation like Tesla, or genomics. Which to some analysts isn’t even a risk. Potential upside with those companies is also large.

1 Like

I would do some serious DD on Eros before investing. Which is good practice for all your potential investments but there are obviously safer companies where you could get away with doing less. This is not one of those companies imo.

1 Like

Thanks for your information. I agree with you that it is a risky punt and you are also right in that they have been accused of financial irregularities by research firms in the past.

I actually bought some bonds from them which are due to end next year. But was thinking of buying their shares with the money from the bonds.

Especially as having some Indian friends who spend alot of time watching Indian films and TV. Not sure if Netflix has the same amount of localised content or film library as Eros.

Any luck with some NsE Stocks on Trading212 especially
Coal India
REC limited
Etc

1 Like

Coal India would be a great addition.

@Astute, @Louis1990, we still don’t have access to the National Stock Exchange of India, so we won’t be able to fulfil your requests.

From what I gather, the Indian exchange is notoriously difficult to access.

Folk are probably better off buying some sort of fund – whether it’s a passive tracker like FRIN or an active trust such as AIE.

No worries @Bogi.H One thing though, could you possibly add the below icons?
Mitsui OSK Lines (MSLOY)
Nippon Yusen (NPNYY)
Torm (TRMD)
Leonardo (FINMY)
Huntingdon Ingalls Industries (HII)
Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KWHIY)

Plus, the addition of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (OTC as MHVYF) as a stock.

I did ask chat about a month ago and haven’t heard anything since.

Many thanks,
Louis

Thanks for sharing those instruments with missing logos.

As for MHVYF, we’ll check if we can add it :pray: I’ll keep you posted.

Awesome, thank you very much @Bogi.H Really appreciate it!