Invest & ISA - Account Funding Conditions Update

I feel bad because I’d be happy with any means of deposit really, I had no need to use one that cost Trading 212 money.

The regulations from my point of view is saying merchants need to make fees clear before the final step of payment, and cannot charge more than what it costs them to do the transaction. So I guess you might be right as they’re charging a static fee overall, and really should be specific to each payment method.

1 Like

Thays not true at all read it again, you can not charge for debit credit card fees at all regardless of your own costs

4 Likes

Be intresting to see what T212 has to say regarding this

2 Likes

Time for a new video I think… :wink:

3 Likes

No one should feel bad for eating the free cake on offer let’s be clear about that, our buying power has added benefits for t212 and they know that. This is a profit squeezing mechanism due to cfd losses that’s all

8 Likes

I vote for Lenos as the new CEO of trading212 :raised_hand:

I would have liked to have seen BACS payments for AutoInvest before this being introduced.

Seems like a bit of a penalty for AutoInvest users when you were big on pushing the feature.

4 Likes

Yes true and we are already committed, so back door it’s untrue. Still not convinced it’s even legal here in the UK. If there’s no response I will contact trading standards by email for confirmation. Sad to have to do that I know but I won’t be making a complaint just asking for clarity that we are all not getting here

Don’t let this fizzle out guys and girls they are not answering for a reason has anyone else had this thread unpinned from their search bars? @MitchB @George @CirensOC @InvestOnly @Richard.W @adm @

3 Likes

Mine is unpinned :raised_hand:, weird

2 Likes

Harder to find when it’s unpinned

2 Likes

Yea true, gonna look at this post untill we get a amswear, if u get a reply on you’r othrr post, pls tag me*

1 Like

I Will do, if they’ve genuinely overcome it then fair enough they are gods an all, but we still need to know how

2 Likes

@George does T212 have any plans to support Revolut transfers in a separate way? I know that transferring money between Revolut accounts is free and instant according to them, so maybe people with Revolut could get a separate option to top up with Revolut which would be free ? Any plans?

The scenario is transferring USD from a Revolut account to, eventually, my T212 USD account.

5 Likes

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but instant bank transfer option (uses open banking) allows instant free transfers from many accounts, including revolut.

I tested this today, with my revolut account, and it arrived instantly.

1 Like

I would rather in app advertising tbh over any fees anywhere at all

4 Likes

Does that work for USD too? I have my T212 account in USD and I’m transferring USD from Revolut.

I 100% agree, it would be better off for both parts

Funny that they don’t already its a great source of income for them and the adverts could work the other way aswell giving them extra traffic

I’d disagree from how I read it. It’s clearly talking about services who would claim the product costs £5 then charges a £3 transaction fee. It wants companies to be transparent and not markup transaction fees.

I for sure wouldn’t, that could be dangerous if you have misleading ads.

1 Like