ISA declaration for the new tax year

so, this happened today without giving me an option to or telling me how i can renew my ISA declaration. @David @George @Tony.V @Y.M help please? thank you

feature suggestion - maybe give us personalised links in these notifications itself to go straight to the declaration? or even better, send us all (those holding ISAs) a notification to update our declaration on the last day of the previous tax year or on the 1st day of the new tax year?

It is definitely something that we’ll improve in the flow so we can avoid similar inconvenience.

For the time being, you can go to the deposit page, initiate account funding (without the need to complete it), and you’ll be able to confirm the 2021/2022 ISA declaration.

thanking you with 20 characters

1 Like

I just moved money from my Invest Account to ISA Account. New tax year ISA declaration is automatically attached on the scrren and you just need to read to cimfimr it that it is true. The money is moved seamlessly.

Yesterday evening I wanted to deposit some cash into my ISA, there was a confirm ISA declaration, which I read and agreed, went to ‘Confirm’ only to see a Please Try Again error message multiple times.
This was about 10pm yesterday, I was only at 20% ISA utilisation so wasn’t much of a concern but if I was at 99% utilisation it would have been very frustrating.
Of course it works perfectly this morning. Hope this didn’t affect many people able to utilise towards 100%.
What was the problem here?

Probaably because the declaration is valid only from today.

Just experienced this in April 2022, a year later, so still not fixed. Surely it can’t be hard to give a notification to renew ISA agreement!

1 Like

I haven’t opened my 2022/2023 ISA yet. What issues are we seeing. Is it simply an annual declaration that any new 2022/2023 S&S ISA contributions will solely be with 212, or anything else I should be worried about before opening?

I think it’s simply that, am mostly web based as a against app and so i didn’t encounter any issue renewing my ISA with T212 after shopping around :wink:

1 Like

I have auto invest set up on app, which failed because I didn’t confirm the ISA agreement for this tax year. Yet the app didn’t give a notification to do that, which I find strange considering all the other notifications the app provides each day!

3 Likes

I think they can have an ISA deadline reminder on their website ie you would need to log in and view the reminder - Similar to how HL displayed theirs.

But to use a push/nudge notification reminding people to renew S&S ISA “might” fall within the thin line of investment advice per S&S assets class - i could be wrong tho, so happy to hear other views

I remember last year getting an ISA confirmation prompt, but not this time round?

as thinking the exact same thing

ok, so, this has happened again this year, like everyone is pointing out. where do we get the ISA declaration? it’s stopping my autoinvest…

Here you have the steps:

On a side note - next year, there will be an enhancement in the process and an email reminder.

2 Likes

thanks Tony, but why was there absolutely no notification of this unless we try depositing money. I swear the process was better last year.