Lent out shares

GME Saga was a fair play against the crook Citadel and Melvinā€™s huge scale market manipulation, it was unprecedented ,finally retail investors brought down the crook SHFs, it was awesome.

1 Like

Same manipulation and naked shorting on AMC and GME is still happening under the nose of SEC, but The APE community is galvanised, they donā€™t care about the FUD, they have seen it all before, they buy the dips and they buy the peaks, they will keep on buying till they 've achieved their objective.

1 Like

We need some one brave enough to make some radical changes to level the playing field and provide fair trade for everyone.
Thank you all for your advises.

1 Like

Donā€™t be so self righteous, it was about making money, much like the hedge funds.

3 Likes

The market is full of manipulation. Itā€™s not fair but the world isnā€™t fair. No amount of regulation will stop it. But it doesnā€™t greatly affect you if youā€™re a long term investor. Sure they can sink a stock or pump it, but either way is good for you as a long term investor, and you canā€™t deny that the price will always revert to the ā€œcorrectā€ price at some point. It canā€™t be manipulated forever.

If you want to trade, manipulation is just part of the game and you have to work with it. As a long term investor, you can essentially ignore it keep buying. Only time you have to worry about it is when youā€™re ready to sell.

Best of luck to you anyway, I wouldnā€™t get caught up in it all. Youā€™ll only stress yourself out and risk making bad decisions.

1 Like

When we click on the buy or sell button ,we do it with our own risk ,I understand that ,itā€™s my choice ,any loss or profit is mine, but when somebody else using my shares and making millions and causing me loosing money , do you think this fair?

Does anyone know a good gif for blowing my own brains out or maybe something that accurately describes regurgitating something dead and old or best yet both happening at the same time?

1 Like

Iā€™ve done an artists impression to show how I see things to summarise, as they say, a picture tells a million words.

Best of luck to you.

6 Likes

I like your squid drawing

1 Like

Thanks, that means a lot

Whatā€™s with the dash under the point?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the apes also wondering whatā€™s going on

2 Likes

After reading a couple of posts, I decide not finish reading the rest of the posts, as it seems iliteracy + too much social media, have created a distorted reality.

I congratulate the communityā€™s fellows that continued answering to help clarify the cloudy minds. You still have patience for the same soap opera. Crooks, hedge funds are evil, shorters are the devil. I wonder what are the age for some people, or at least their mental age.

5 Likes

No concerns regards share lending. Itā€™s something I read about in financial journals, years ago, to try and understand market dynamics. The sophisticated market participant will seek to take advantage, as we all would.

I suggest, knowledge is power! Not a novel idea but a good one to remember.:call_me_hand::sunglasses:

1 Like

Itā€™s not deleted itā€™s hidden.

I donā€™t know why Iā€™m responding? Why am I responding?

2 Likes

Because you ran out of beers.

1 Like

Don and Doug, cut me a slack here, we are fellow investors, I am not picking a fight here, just expressing my view and concern about the unfair trading practices.

Dmert hope you realise I was taking the piss out of Don, and some others on here are just having a bit of a light hearted joke because your opinion is very one sided.

Not to say itā€™s wrong or any one of us is right as everyone is entitled to their own.

A good example of why anyone should not believe anything they read online from any source and DYOR. Especially when it comes to WSB/Reddit and so on.

Your post on RLX, I get what you mean can be seen to take it too far.

I disagree with your post about GME being fair play. Iā€™m not saying the shorters in that instance were good, but back to what I was saying earlier, if you truly believed that GME was a good investment, then on the flip side they allowed you to get in cheaper.

The reason they shorted the company was because it was in distress and had been mismanaged for years, so it was a reasonably good bet that itā€™s performance was likely to be abysmal. What took place was a whole new level of manipulation so to speak that took things in the other direction and people thought that was a good thing as a result. Lots of retail investors that joined in lost money not getting out quick enough. It was a gamble that paid off for some.

Both the crooks as you call them and the Reddit crew for lack of a better phrase, in the current market can back for or against the company. That is freedom of the markets to put your money where your mouth is.

Similarly I ask you to look at any company that offers leveraged shares or inverse views.

There are lots, and a popular one on this forum that does up to 3x either way. No one is jumping up and down about them.

2 Likes

Please read the recent SEC report on the events that happened earlier this year or look for Patrick Boyles channel. It will teach you a lot. Itā€™s very sad to watch another person this delusional. Investing is unfortunately one of those fields where non professionals can participate and so that brings a lot of irrational opinions, Iā€™m trying to imagine the same spirit at a medical conference where a clear non professional is telling everyone how the heart works, disaster. I donā€™t mean to be judgemental but some of us studying years, work in the industry on prop desks and other positions, to be told how bad things are by somebody who clearly does not know anything technical about how brokers, clearing houses, funds, settlement systems etc works is simply offensive. Get an education first mate. And Iā€™m not saying retail investors canā€™t be knowledgeable because they are but you are not one of those.

6 Likes

Looks like my wording hit a nerve in you, Mr know it all, if you are not judgemental ,I wonder who is?
SEC Report in complete denial of what has happened in January and your recommended friend Patrick defends every word of it and sweeps it under the carpet, what a waste !!
Us Retail investors want transparency, no dark pools, no naked shortings, no short ladder attacks, no D- Limit orders , All we want is better regulations, more transparency and level playing field for everyone.
Regards