Modern Meat Inc. (MEAT.CN)

Is it possible to add modern meat? @David

2 Likes

and also very good butcher (~VERY) again on the canadian exchange

the existence of the word butcher implies the existence of meat :slight_smile:

I wanted to try beyond meat sausages when I saw them in Tesco. ÂŁ4.99 for 200gr while 200gr sirloin/ribeye from Morrisons is ÂŁ3.5/ÂŁ4.

It is all fun and games and we all hug trees but I doubt these things will ever go main stream, unless they find ways to lower their margins and cut prices.

I think they are mainstream…even KFC is on board now…a place that is known for chicken…
beyond meat is doing really well and so is impossible foods

Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods and etc. are just the beginning of what is about to happen during our lifetimes…

anyway, can we get these stocks on T212 or are CSE stocks not allowed?

@Joey_Fantana What do you think?

We don’t have access to Toronto Stock Exchange yet.

1 Like

Exactly what @Lonelynx said. Still no access to that exchange unfortunately.

1 Like

Production (and R&D) costs for those products are way higher than just sliding a bunch of :cow2: fed with garbage.

I’d like to address @hmodh original request before diving into a yet another ecumenical discussion :stuck_out_tongue: Modern Meat is cross listed on all german exchanges with ticker code L3OP and could be added when @Team212 finds some time (edit: if you don’t mind buying it with EUR denomination). Very good butcher is only listed in CSE which has lax reporting and listing requirements compared to Toronto and I doubt it’ll be added to many other places.

now back to meat :slight_smile:
here is Mark Rober feeding Bill Gates. you all probably watched the video but, wanted to just say I agree with all the points he makes.

Forget about KFC, I’ve seen beyond meat even in random pubs, not like “hipster silicon valley pubs” but in an ordinary every day pub. (Draft House, Chancery used to be our lunch pub before covid for example) I did try it on multiple occasions and it tastes… acceptable, I can live with that.

I still don’t think it is mainstream, when it costs twice of what it is trying to imitate, while the thing it is trying to imitate was considered a “luxury” just a few decades ago.

@laguiar I know you are a good guy, so I am going to take your good intentions at full face value.

we can see how expensive that burger is to produce when Mark is making one in the video. but for the sake of argument I’ll accept mixing those ingredients costs more than raising and butchering a cow. I think my point would still be valid and legitimate that they need to market it cheaper, to extend their reach to masses and produce a viable alternative.

I hope I didn’t sound harsh for you, it was not my intention :innocent:

My point on this was, here in Germany you can find Beyond Meat and sometimes Impossible Burger in normal everyday grocery shops, when comparing with the equivalents, the fake meats are way more costly to produce.
It was exactly address by Beyond Meat CFO in the last earnings call, they have an estimation of being cheaper than meat in about 3 years.

I’m from one of the biggest meat producer (and consumer) in the world, and from the corner of the planet that know better than anyone on this galaxy how a true barbecue should be make… so I have a little bit of “insider knowledge” on how mass meat production can be very cheaper and efficient comparing with any other (fake) meat source.
:cow:

The stocks/companies mentioned here, are creating meat-substitutes, but what about public-listed companies that are in the “culture meat” segment?

It’s real meat, less natural resources consumed, more healthy (no problems issues from contamination of the food and water that animals consume, and no animal diseases).

NASA is also keeping an eye on the developments that culture meat companies are doing, to space travel and exploration.

By 2023, the culture meat will be at the same price of real meat.

Do you know any public-listed companies that are in the culture meat segment?

Culture meat - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat

" Cell-based meats have been notoriously expensive to create. The first cultured hamburger patty, created in 2013 by Mosa Meat co-founder Mark Post, cost more than $278,000 to produce.

Fast forward to 2019, and that number is down to around $100."

I spotted this link on Reddit first, and it has it’s flaws since everything is thrown there together, but maybe someone can find something suitable. I’m still waiting for some public “Precision Fermentation” companies to emerge…

1 Like

Thanks, @Lonelynx.
I’ll take a look in your link.

Do you know an article that shows why “Precision Fermentation” cloud be a good investment? You could say that it’s a very liquid investment. :beer: :smiley:

@RLX Yes, the future is intriguing! :grinning: :beer:

“We can now program microorganisms to produce almost any protein we want because of huge advances in precision biology (the convergence of biology and information technologies) and a process we call precision fermentation (PF). Today, 90% of American-made cheese uses PF proteins. (This is not genetic modification of foods. Proteins have no genetic material so they can’t be genetically modified.)…PF proteins will be five times cheaper than animal proteins by 2030 and 10 times cheaper by 2035.”

1 Like

on a semi-joke level, for myself “blood” is an essential part of the meat, curious if they can replicate that.

yes, i am that guy who orders steak raw enough, that when you bite it blood drizzles from the edge of your lips and you can almost hear the cow

stop it, just eat salad and…grass… :roll_eyes:

Thanks, @Lonelynx. More food to thought. :smiley:

When Biotech meets Foodtech. That were things only seen in the Sci-fi movies several years ago, creating food in laboratories.

Maybe when Bezos or Musk enter in theses areas, we will have “FoodX” or “Food Telsa” and create some awareness and buzz.

1 Like

" BRUSSELS (AFP) - Angry European farmers are pushing for a ban on calling vegetarian products a “burger” or a “sausage” that they say mislead consumers into thinking certain products contain meat.

Their demand was part of a legislative proposal on Monday (Oct 1) at the European Parliament, which Members of the European parliament (MEPs) are to vote on later this week in Brussels.

The ban request comes on the back of the rising success of high-end veggieburgers that closely replicate the taste and sensation of eating meat."

https://money.yahoo.com/farmers-push-veggieburger-label-ban-132642511.html

Sustainable food SPAC Natural Order Acquisition files for a $250 million IPO

1 Like