New feature - Export your investing history

Any chance we can get separate columns for date and time? Just makes it easier to put it into readable formats

2 Likes

=trunc(A1,0) should help sort you out.

1 Like

I know but I’m just lazy and having them in 2 separate lines just make things so much simpler.

3 Likes

Hi @George
Great functionality!
Is it possible to add the .pdf format to export data?
In this way, a valid tax declaration document is immediately available, without having to send emails to your customer care.
Thanks

5 Likes

I’ve downloaded my exports fine, but it keeps bombarding me with on-screen notifications, how can I turn them off? It’s driving me crazy…

Thanks

Can we have dowloadable data understandable ? I have everything on one line, it is not useful at all.
Could we please have an update on this? thanks

What do you mean, the downloads make perfect sense to me, everything come out in its own separate row/column and easily importable to google sheets or whatever you want to use.

This does not make sense to me, I don’t want to redo all the job of sorting column etc…

Its a standard CSV file format.

You just need to tell excel that the comma is the delimiter - takes 2 seconds.

1 Like

Hi @Jeffrey_C,

Make sure you specify “,” as a delimiter when you import the file in your spreadsheet software.

3 Likes

Hi @George

could you please explain how to workout the avg price for currency pair and non currency pair ?
I have a EU account and I invested in currency as well, so I wanted to use the spreadsheet exported to recalculate the avg price. Thanks for explaining

What are you trying to do? Work out the average local price of the stock in the stocks currency, and your account currency?

Yes I am trying to obtain the avg price that I see on the app. I cannot find the way to make it even the one you said : sumif etc .

Its the balance on tab 6 divided by tab 5 for the same date.

Same should work for your other question on this thread.

When I get time, I will tweak the tracker, as trying to make it work more efficiently.

I can only see N/A error on the spreadsheet you have shared.

Give it a minute - it has to reload the prices from GoogleFinance, when it does that all the formula’s will error out as it recalculates. Patience :slight_smile:

To be fair it is not very clear in your spreadsheet.
I think @George can explain how it gets the avg cost since he works on the pie feature.

The average cost should be the sum of all the money paid for a stock, divided by the total shares purchased.

It becomes more difficult when you sell a security and that is probably why the spreadsheet looks complicated to you.

You need to maintain the running balance each day and then if you had 100 shares at 100, and sell 20, then you are left with 80 shares at 80, even if you sold them at a price of £2 or whatever.

I find something about this problematic. I’ve always thought that the average cost per share should go up if you sell some shares at a loss.

If I buy 100 shares at £2 each, then my investment is £200 and my average cost per share is £2.
If I then sell 20 shares for £1, I am left with 80 shares and a net investment of £180. Which should surely mean my average cost per share is now £2.25. What am I missing?

Well myself I have used:

N of shares
Price per shares

I have made the total of shares, then I took the price per shares and done an avg on the price per share, this should give me my avg cost since it is the price per share itself. So I am not sure how T212 is doing it.

1 Like