New IPOs goinglive TODAY (Thurs 21 Jan, '21)

What is this in relation toā€¦?

It was just trying to find info on how long from IPO to when you can buy shares. I recently looked at an IPO which uploaded to T121 yesterday but I couldnā€™t get any shares so I did some digging an found that article.

But that article is talking about Options, which 212 donā€™t offer; only common stock.

What stock were you looking for yesterday? Itā€™s possible it was simply delayed.

RLX was the stock. Came on yesterday but couldnā€™t buy anything, but it started today @ $22 and is now $29.

1 Like

Called itā€¦

Is there a way to know when you can actually buy? Like an alert you can set on 212? Or do we just have to click refresh until a stock actually makes it on? For example RLX was showing for hours, but I couldnā€™t buy it, there was no data. Checked now and it has listed and jumped 30%

Many thanks

You just need to watch it on the day. The reason you couldnā€™t buy on Friday was that immediately after it IPOs the market needs to factor in all the pricing that was domne the day before between the company and the institutions that negotiated the price, then their trades are made and we can only watch as the price adjusts to that.

Once that is done we can then go in but unfortunately 212 only provide an in-app notification on the big, high-profile IPOs, letting us know pricing is done and we can go in. So you just need to keep watching and trying throughout the afternoon Iā€™m afraid. You wouldā€™ve got in on Friday but it would have been a bit later on.

On RLX, I wouldnā€™t be convinced itā€™s done, but maybe check out the chart. Could easily see it continuing the upwards trajectory unless some news comes out that damages Chinese stocks again.

Thanks for the reply :blush:

1 Like