NIO Leveraged and Short 3x ETP

The article speak too soon. Nio closed yesterday in the red zone. Today itโ€™s -4.4%.
Nio is more volatile than Telsa.

1 Like

I think in the short-term Nio could test the 35 levels again, when It does I think it will run up back to 40.

I think over the next few months Nio will float in the 35-45 range so if you can get your timing right and your analysis is good you could 3LNI on the way up and then short it on the way down, but its very high risk (I think shorting opposed to Long is more risky)

2 Likes

In very long term, stock markets aim to be bullish. So, shorting is therefore more risky because you are against the global long term move. But if you identify a trading range like you did, you can play intraday the movements inside the trading range, the best when you do this is to have a stop loss at 47 if you are short and a stop loss at 33 if you are long.

Otherwise (and purely personally, this is not the opinion of GraniteShares), I think the markets will have to be strongly corrected sooner or later. US equities may be bought back by the Fed if the drop is too steep. It will be an incredible opportunity to go short, although it is always very difficult to position yourself at the right time.

2 Likes

I was right about the fourth dip for Nio! - Surely we should have enough momentum in the next few weeks to break through the 40โ€™s again.

We have been in a EV/high-growth correction phase for months now, I think end of this year Nio could reach the 60-70 range again.

1 Like

1 Like

And now lets change it to long maybe?

1 Like

I want Nio to make a recovery soon, I think it will in Q3 - down over 40% from all time highs.
I think anything under 35 is an attractive buying price and my end of year price target is for Nio to hit the 60-70 range.

1 Like

@Marc45 is it possible for 3LNI to hit the $0 mark?

What will happen - will current shareholders be issued with more shares and the ETP will be rebalanced at a higher price?

1 Like

Yes, it is possible that 3LNI fall to $0.00

This is possible if the NIO Stock fall by 33.33% during one day.
Before to fall to $0.00, the Stop Loss mechanism will be activated to avoid the $0.00 to be reached.

If you mean, that 3LNI can worth like $0.998โ€ฆ or less, letโ€™s say below $1.
Nothing will change for investors.
Only if the price is too low (like 3STS at $0.0082) the issuer can decide to do a reverse split.
In that case, every investors who hold 1500 ETP will get 1 ETP at equivalent higher value.

I hope I answered your question :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation, hopefully things turn around soon for Nio haha.

1 Like

T212 shows: 3LNI $1.633(+9.38%) VS 3SNI $3.678 (-14.9%)?
Would I need to check in the granite shares official website daily to confirm these figures? The data doesnโ€™t make sense though.

1 Like

Dear @Bbang Thank you very much for your question.
You can find the daily value of NIO ETP from these pages.

Long 3LNI: GraniteShares 3LNI
Short 3SNI: https://www.graniteshares.com/institutional/uk/en-uk/etps/3sni

On these pages, you must click on Index & Performance
then on Download the performance history (as below).

A story about NIO and others:

2 Likes

thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

NIO seem to on the news:

1 Like

From a pure Technical Analysis point of view, 44$ will be the price to watch carefully.
We have here what is called โ€œhead shoulderโ€