Openning an ISA Account

Hi @AHA you won’t get a new or 2nd ISA with T212. However your annual allowance will reset. You can continue to trade existing funds and that won’t count towards your 2021 allowance.

You can only subscribe (put fresh money) into one S&S ISA in a year. As long as you don’t add fresh funds to your T212 ISA you can open another ISA with another provider.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction of FX Conversion Fee

@Y.M It is still not clear to me.

Say someone opens an invest account an CFD at the same time and select the base currency in US$. A few days later he adds an ISA account (ISA could only be in in GBP)

If he does it in this order does it mean he will have (Invest+ CFD) in US$ and ISA in GPB?

Could you please confirm this??

It’s explained a few posts above.

As it reads, if you open an ISA first then GIA, your GIA will be in GBP.

If you open a GIA first and then open an ISA, your ISA will still be GBP, and your GIA remain as you chose.

@Dougal1984
That was what I thought before. But this was not the case, based on “Rocky” experience in the thread. “Introduction of FX Conversion Fee”

Last one from me guys just to confirm I’ve opened my Invest Acct today and it’s denominated in GBP so it seems that when I chose USD base currency at signup it only applied to my CFD account. ISA and Invest are in GBPs without my requesting it so I imagine it’s because it’s my home currency. It would be useful perhaps if someone who is not based in the UK could confirm that their Invest account is also in their home currency and that they didn’t choose that option and that their CFD account is in the currency they selected and it is different from their home currency. That would clear everything up once and for all I think."

A few people who currently have an Invest & S&S ISA in GBP are willing to take a winding road, closing the account they are currently having and reopen a new one with particular order, e.g., open Invest & CFD first in US$ and then later add S&S ISA account (in GBP).

But you do not want to take unnecessary risk (e.g close and reopen your account) unless there is a written explanation directly from T212 that we could refer later when it was not successful.

I know people outside UK with USD accounts (although they are on EUR countries). And of course, others with EUR accounts.

Different case RLX.

I hope T212 or someone else could confirm this Case
Say someone opens an invest account an CFD at the same time and select the base currency in US$. A few days later he adds an ISA account (ISA could only be in in GBP)

If he does it in this order does it mean he will have (Invest+ CFD) in US$ and ISA in GPB?

They already answer you:

Also on other topic, @David explained that someone can create a foreign currency Invest account first and after that the ISA account will be on GBP (legally only GBP). But if someone creates first the ISA account (only GBP), then automatically the Invest account will be also on GBP.

@RLX Did you read the post above ?? Did you read the case from “Rocky” ??

As I mentiion before
A few people who currently have an Invest & S&S ISA in GBP are willing to take a winding road, closing the account they are currently having and reopen a new one with particular order, e.g., open Invest & CFD first in US$ and then later add S&S ISA account (in GBP).

But you do not want to take unnecessary risk (e.g close and reopen your account) unless there is a written explanation directly from T212 that we could refer later when it was not successful ??

The case you and T212 refer previouly is different This is just Yes or No answer. Whther it is possible to have (Invest+ CFD) in US$ and ISA in GPB? Noone has confirmed this.

What are going to do if it is not succesful ?? For someone who do not get involved in taking the risk will say anything they want as it does not really matter for them even they get it wrong.

if its a “specific case” it will not get an answer here, that is for the team to handle in an email with the affected people only. @RLX has pointed out already what the teams response is to the whole process in general.

this topic is beginning to go in circles…

1 Like