Portfolio transfers

Yes, that’s the expectation.

Yes again. There will be an option to transfer assets and cash.

It’s normal to see different averages after a cash transfer. When you close a position held over time and open a new one post-transfer, the average price reflects the current instrument price. The share transfer feature will resolve this issue by transferring stocks along with their corresponding average prices.

1 Like

That may be so,however, I think I should be the one to decide that, not limitations of the software!

Fantastic news! Gj, T212 team!

1 Like

Yes. A competing UK platform allows its users to directly edit their cost basis information to whatever they like.

I suspect this could be implemented within Trading 212 web app advanced view, where investments are listed in a spreadsheet-like form. As far as I know there is no regulatory reason that Trading 212 needs care about the cost information attached to each positıon. Although perhaps this is different outside UK regulations.

1 Like

Quick update on that: With the first iteration of the feature, we’re not going to support share gifting or transfers between spouses. However, we should start supporting it in the following months after the roll out.

3 Likes

Share gifting would be amazing!

1 Like

Good way to get rid of your penny stocks!

Haha yeah.

Actually I’d like to introduce my relatives to investing and gifting some ETF shares would be a good way. :slight_smile:

Are the portfolio transfers allowed to any broker who also accepts inspecie transfers?

Will you allow transfer from revolut

Pretty sure T212 will take the stock if
 1. the stock is on the t212 platform and 2. The other broker (revolut) operate inspecie transfers

On point 2, revolut are cagey 
 they “may” be able to facilitate.

Which feels like code for “nah, US transfers are too messy via DriveWealth and DTCC so we can’t be bothered
move it as Cash instead, thanks”

It’s okay if you don’t want to answer. But how can this be free? Who is paying for this? Won’t this inconvenience two companies, or are people using some established protocol that makes this easy between providers?

For example I wouldn’t mind moving my ETF and leftover cash from degiro to trading212. They’ve got fees for pretty much every operation, they won’t be happy seeing me leave

1 Like

Yes :smiling_face:

As long as they support in-specie transfers, we’ll be able to facilitate the transfer. They have an article that mentions this may be possible, so it will be best to contact them for more information :pray:

1 Like

An update
In my opinion revolut are potentially scammers
now they are saying they can transfer my stocks but they’ll charge 55 dollars per holding and they can’t do fractions shares
I have raised a formal complaint

How would it work with fractional shares to a broker that doesn’t support fractional shares?
Is it possible to move just a part of the portfolio or does it need to be the entire portfolio?

We’ll be able to share more information before releasing the feature.

Will there be a beta first like the previous trial, or its going to be a final release and also will it be simultaneously for invest/ISA or separate.
Thanks

1 Like

What happens to dividends during the transfer. So if it goes ex dividend or reaches the payment date. Do they both appear then within T212 after completion of the transfer?

yeah this would be great!

I just got the email about portfolio transfers being introduced on 15.02.2024 but they didn’t mention from/to which brokerages.