Share your pie recipes

@libreus
I think the first is a little too much heavy on USā€¦ I mean, every ETF has a lot of US stocks in itā€¦ Itā€™s redundant! Donā€™t you think?

The second pie is a classic tech, butā€¦I would not use it alone, replacing the first, maybe it would be beside itā€¦

@Matt_C Iā€™d prefer to buy on Fridays when the market is closingā€¦ It would be a good feature to select the time of the but, donā€™t you think?

You can select the day, Iā€™m not too worried about time as youā€™ll average in anyway. For the people who want to select the time it would be nice to have but it isnā€™t the end of the world

Hereā€™s an easy Steak Pie recipe:

• 3 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1kg braising steak, diced
  • 2 onions, roughly chopped
  • 3 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
  • 2 beef stock cubes mixed with 600ml boiling water
  • 375g sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten

Further instructions can be found here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-steak-pie

4 Likes

While weā€™re sharing dividend pies, here is mine. Iā€™ve tried to find a balance between companies which still exhibit growth while simultaneously paying decent dividends.
Visa and Heineken are a little strange Ill admit. Visa doesnā€™t have the best dividend but do show great growth. Heineken is just a tasty beer so why not.
www.trading212.com/pies/l71JQSdtixJQRl6gMO6p69R1V8PD

Joeā€™s Chicken Pie is always a winner round ours.

1 Like

This is my mine: http://www.trading212.com/pies/l71F8H0idpFi90bQl5wwzQcTBhFm

DAL Is a bit of an odd one out but itā€™s pretty strong. Maybe too overweight on Tesla?

1 Like

I agree for Tesla, but it is mainly because the position almost tripled since I bought them. As I also believe in the company for the long run, I am not thinking to trim the position.

All American portfolio?

Yes, I feel more comfortable with US stocks

YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW :us:

That 30% into oil scares me.

I guess it depends when they were purchased. Oil company prices imo are so depressed, but the global consumption is not going to disappear overnight.

True, and most of the damage has already been done - as far as the dividend goes.

And long term Iā€™m still confident in these companies. They have strong dividend yes, but some are also involved in gas. And also they have the capital to become market leaders in green fueld and renewables.

I wasnā€™t saying it was necessarily bad, just too much for my own tastes. If youā€™re happy with it then Iā€™m happy for you :slight_smile:

I know they are trying to transition into renewables, but thatā€™s a long and expensive process. Iā€™m staying clear of them until I see real progress in the area.

For sure, definitely a long and expensive process. I feel Iā€™m willing to sacrafice a bit of growth for now just for the tasty dividend!

Thatā€™s fair enough, I also love dividends. Just different strokes for different blokes :joy:

1 Like

True that! I was consider moving out of them after the dividend cut but I think iā€™ll hold out.