Should I Sell My Investment?

Yes and also donā€™t put your money in Tesla, I am invested in Tesla as well as others but for you dont even think about itā€¦it will be too much of a wild ride.

Stick to something easy.

VWRL - https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-ucits-etf-usd-distributing
SAWD - https://www.ishares.com/uk/individual/en/products/305419/

again do your own research. Dont buy just because i said its worth itā€¦do your own research.

VWRL - allows fractions
SAWD - does not.

therefore it really depends how much you have to invest but DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Any one else reading these please tell me if I am spewing bolloxā€¦but i think this a good start.

2 Likes

Fixed. :trolleybus: :trolleybus:

1 Like

Okay Iā€™m totally on Board with your Plan, Iā€™m currently Reading through Intelligent Investor but might get the other ones aswell and yeah thatā€™s the main part I understand that itā€™s not gonna make me rich but if I put good money into a good investment It could turn into a nice bit of profit. I donā€™t plan on touching anything like Tesla for a long time Cuz thatā€™s not the right level for me currently, but maybe in the further future. Again thanks for the help, Iā€™m gonna read through these two options and pick one I prefer.

Haha agreed there Potential Big profit But Unreliable as hell

very funny :rofl::rofl:

watch thisā€¦and just let what Warren says sink in.

Yeah itā€™s Different Nowadays for sure, and one last question, If VWRL or SAWD made profit would I HAVE to sell them to make the profit or Would I be paid a certain amount in Dividends? Cuz if I can just hold onto it and get a bit profit (when there is any)every now and then thatā€™s perfect cuz I donā€™t want to lose all my profit cuz I held on too long if itā€™s not automatic

ETFs distribute their dividends in two ways.

distributing - these are paid to you as cash
accumulating - these are reinvested for you automatically.

IMO I would set up a Pie with 100% allocation to one of those ETFs and make sure dividends reinvest is turned on. (this way it doesnt matter how the dividends are distributed) But again do your own research to see how the dividends are paid out.

To take profit you dont have to sell your whole stake, just a proportion of it. Say you invested Ā£100. And the stock rose to Ā£200, youā€™re like wow i doubled my money, if you wanted to bank Ā£50 as profitā€¦you sell Ā£50 worth of shares, banking Ā£50 in profit but leaving in Ā£150 invested to continue growing.

Okay that makes a whole lot more sense to
me, I will make sure reinvest dividends is on and silly follow up, that doesnā€™t take my profit or Iā€™m guessing I could set a percentage of dividends to reinvest? But either way I totally get what you mean Iā€™ll just do some research on how they pay out dividends

Also apologies if Iā€™m asking too much, but why specifically should I not invest in both?

because theyā€™re the sameā€¦

They track the global market, but one is ā€œgreenā€ so doesnā€™t invest in weapons, tobacco and unfriendly things to the environment.

a dividend does not take your profitā€¦

Okay, should I wait and see if SWRL Buy Price will go down or will I be fine either way? Worst case scenario If it goes down just hold onto it and wait for it to go back up but honestly, will buying it at that price make it potentially harder to profit?

time in the markets beats timing the markets

Okay you said make sure dividends reinvest is on. Where would I find that?

in the pie section or the app or web app