Should we be looking at the unloved funds/stocks?

This could work. :smiley:
I tend to look at Earned Vale / EVITDA as EV includes market capitalisation and debt. Not to say that it is the way to go though. Also note that I do not use it for financial companies.

I have also been looking at Cyclically Adjsted Price to Earnings Ratio (CAPE) to see which markets are ā€œcheaperā€, which I guess is also ā€œunlovedā€. From the link below, some examples are Russia, Poland, Czech Repblic, Jordan, Oman, Colombia and Turkey. A bit ā€œless cheapā€ we can find Austria, the UK and Spain.

I have not found a ETF for Austria, so I was thinking of looking into some of its stocks once they get added It is one of the most likely exchanges to be added this year. (See Davidā€™s post below)

In terms of the countries above, from the first batch there are ETFs and Stocks for Russia on T212. There are also iShares ETFs for Turkey and Poland.
I couldnā€™t find any for Austria and the Czech Republic which I think are currently probably more stable countries and hence would be more reasonable to invest into a Country ETF without knowing muchā€¦ What are your thoughts?

I guess you could even combine ā€œcheap country stock marketā€ with ā€œcheap fundā€ and look into investment companies investing in this at a discount. Examples:

On the AIC link you shared, it seems like the ā€œcheapestā€ investment companies (largest discount to NAV) are property or leasing. Do you by any chance know why? Is it the pandemic?

EDIT:
One important thing to note is that the CAPE ratios in the link above are based on valuations at 30/10/2020 which is just before the large rally in early november.

1 Like