Stock moving to another broker

Hi. Lets say that in the future i want to move a part of my stocks to another platform. Is this possible?

2 Likes

I know this isn’t exactly what you’ve asked, but … the obvious solution would be to sell your stocks here, withdraw your funds, deposit your funds with another Broker, then buy the same stocks there.

1 Like

But that may have tax implications. Among other problems.

2 Likes

moving stocks will always incur problems and since its a future scenario, who knows if new problems will emerge by then that are beyond T212 itself.

@ovidiuovidiuovidiu Moving your stocks isn’t currently possible. However, we do offer cash transfers from & to other ISA managers.

3 Likes

This is perfect. Thank you.

Is there any reason why I cant transfer an ISA from one ISA manager to you without selling first. Being out the market for a few weeks while the transfer is going through is what puts me off.

@krr13 Unfortunately, stock transferring isn’t as simple as it seems. We’re actively working on achieving this but it’ll take some time. I can’t provide an ETA yet.

8 Likes

Does that mean you’re working on a solution to transfer stocks from the Invest account and the ISA account or just for the ISA ?

1 Like

@esteban The stock transfer will work for both account types.

2 Likes

Hello, has there been any progress on this item? When will moving of stocks between brokers be available?
Also, would it be possible to move my account to an Trading212 platform in another country? I am currently planning to leave the country and will need to take the account with me.

4 Likes

Hi @David
Was there any progress on this feature on an ETA ?

1 Like

Bouncing this up @David
can you share any updates here, please?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
Due to the fact that you keep adding T&C’s that are increasing the risks clients are taking with you, I think it’s your obligation to allow people to move their assets not in a way that will hurt them (selling shares and move money)
I think that before you keep adding useless features, you must add this ability cus as of now you are just keeping people’s assets hostage and keep adding t&c’s

Thank you,

5 Likes

You realise you can liquidise and transfer cash out of a GIA within days and no trading fees? Hardly holding our funds hostage.

Similarly it was never an option when any of us signed up.

I do agree not having an option to transfer assets in/out is one key reason I don’t have my ISA here. The UK guidelines are crap in this regard as well - they basically state 12 weeks as the target to transfer a stocks and shares ISA! (6 weeks cash transfer).

Given the manual nature and dealing with another external party with any transfers, I’ve previously suggested free transfers in(212 winning business), and £10 a stock to transfer out seems a fair trade off to me. Not sure if/when this may be in the pipeline or if that is even sufficient to cover any operational costs that would need to apply to cover the work involved.

The latest T&C are fine and aren’t increasing our risk. If you read them(and between the lines), it actually allows 212 flexibility in the future to offer us more markets, and the wording is identical or similar in style to many other providers.

A lot of 212’s T&C are a straight lift and shift of the regulations, which may also explain why they recently changed (regulatory wording/guidance recently updated).

All the best with your investing, and hopefully this is an added service available to us in the not too distant future.

5 Likes

liquidizing and moving cahs is to hurt the client.
allowing to move assets is the standard with respected brokers.
Thanks man

3 Likes

IG HL and Vanguard are currently taking around 24 weeks to get a transfer sorted - regulations have been relaxed due to COVID.

Someone’s been drinking the kool aid eh. I suggest you reread the terms and conditions itzikhill

1 Like

There’s a thread for that if you want to read it.

2 Likes

@itzikhil

There will be no feature in the next months. They stopped the development because they know how many clients would change to different broker.

And I feel ur point: selling and moving the cash is no option because of taxes.

5 Likes