Stocks to play with today

Yes, BBOX is a good shout. And one iā€™ve been watching for ages.

I think it is a good one for the medium to longer term if I was to go for it. Kind of Wish Iā€™d brought during the dip last month.

Agree with your comments on property, perhaps thatā€™s what has dissuaded me to take the leap. I don;t see a further rush or huge price leap, given the current climate and following a huge boom already. Am in the property business for work as well, have hedged my bets elsewhere following the imminent rise in interest and end to SD holiday. I have-not checked when BBOX earnings are due, could be a time to buy in before the next one. E commerce shows no signs of slowing. Therefore warehouse storage seems a good way to hedge against any potential market fluctuations in my view.

1 Like

Yes BBOX is not a trade, purely a long term hold and a stable one to hold at that. In October it dropped due to a share placement (so us shareholders were diluted) at 204p, however the dip was unfounded in my opinion as the nature of it that NAV was 194p by end of June so that was likely a premium to NAV, also the money raised is then used to buy/invest in more property/land so the NAV would rise with extra money raised so balance out some/most of dilution. For these reasons I added in a few blocks between 206-215p.

Based on my above comments, if end of June results were 194p NAV and share placement at 204p, and based on assumption of 10% increase in NAV from the 194p I wuld say under 215p is a good price, but really long term current prices of 226p look fine too.

We should get a trading update soon I think but havent seen a date anywhere.

Dividend note
They pay out Q1-Q3 based on last years dividned payout at 25% a quarter, then any raise comes in the 4th quarter, also they will return at least 90% EPS so based on 2nd half matching the 4.03p EPS of 1st half year that is 8.06p EPS with 4.8p paid out Q1-Q3, now 90% payout with you 7.25p, so we could easily see a 2.4p+ dividend in Q4 which would be a total dividend raise for the year of 13%. That would be a 3.2% yield on current 226p price.

1 Like

Wow Tritax Big Box still going strong, return since that post of mine 3 weeks ago is 7% up to 241p, plus a 1.6p divvie hit. With their share placement hard to tell at what point is it overvalued, I dont think we are there yet but equally I am not adding right now. Looking at 16th December if BoE raises rates and might cause a selloff in stocks like this due to higher borrowing costs, however I dont see the raise as a big issue for Tritax so if it sells off 5+% might be worth a look for those wanting to open/add.

2 Likes

I have been watching closely.

BBOX is one I am waiting to pounce on. Am also awaiting 16th December for the chance. However not sure BoE will raise after last time, iā€™m 50/50.

I plan to buy and hold for the longer term, although this might change. It has been on my radar for the past year, I just havenā€™t taken the plunge!

Not sure if you have alerts set up mate but recent drop from 250p to 230p is a buying op, unless very bad results next earnings unlikely to see a drop this much, guess further interest rate rises might trigger something but 230p is solid zone I would say

Well that aged wellā€¦ :grimacing:

5 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad. I used to say the same about PLTR, as well as SOFI and CHPT. They were very predictable until that fateful day in January.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still hopefully for Palantir. I think value will flow into the stock eventually. Though I have read a lot about their lack of interest in their shareholders which is worrisome.

3 Likes

Think when it comes to PLTR, the term ā€˜marathon, not a sprintā€™ is very much the mantra.

1 Like

Reading your comment, I was curious what ā€˜Palantirā€™ as a word actually meant. I thought it would be ironic if it was ancient Greek for ā€˜sprintā€™ or something similar.

But no. Here is where the name came from. Who would have known.

ā€œPalantir, the data-mining company co-founded by Peter Thiel, was named after a mystical, all-powerful seeing stone in "Lord of the Rings .ā€ One of the storyā€™s villains, the wizard Saruman, uses a ā€œpalantirā€ to surveil his enemies."

1 Like