Anyone else livid about what's going on?

Fiverr and ups beat earning estimates and tank like a mofo.

I’m so livid. What the heck is going on??? How are you supposed to read the market anymore? :sob:

1 Like

I dunno bro. I’m happy markets are tanking. So each to their own I guess.

6 Likes

Good buying opp ofcourse. But for those counting on good earnings…it’s crazy what’s going on.

Unless you’re beating estimates in triple digits, it’s gonna tank.

Not to mention this pre market malarky is so unfair to the common investor!!

Aaarhh I’m so p155ed off!

6 Likes

Just wait for the yo-yo bounce back in a week or two.
These past months the swings have been insane. +5% week to a -5% week, since may.
Hold that nerve :wink:

6 Likes

I agree, stressing me out the level P/Es are sitting at. But VHYL is sitting at a P/E of under 15. So it looks more attractive to me right now. Buts it’s hard to tell, it really is. So I’ll just stick to cost averaging, and see what happens. Luckily I have a lot of money to put in VHYL right now based on self balancing into the pie

2 Likes

I know what you’re saying guys, but all reasoning is out the window. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to buy anything based on facts.
It’s like people get emo and drop stocks like a bad habit lol

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better I’m down £2k today across my stocks from yesterday.

Doesn’t help with KEFI and KOD taking a battering too.

I have faith they’ll all bounce back so nothing I can do.

I’m assuming US stocks are going to be all over the place until Nov 3rd and we might see a spike.

So many panic sellers, someone is getting rich. Good day for topping up if you have the funds

5 Likes

Well i’m far from an expert but I have a couple of Asian stocks that are holding, may be that is the way to go for a while.

2 Likes

@phildawson I am down 2 k too.
Hopefully they do bounce back. But some are election result dependant I think.
Shame all my money is tied up lol

some dude wrote about a century ago…

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not to mention EU stocks get battered twice. Once with eu news then again when US market drops cos of the overlapping market times.
I heard they want the overlap to Stop

1 Like

well am glad it aint just me . Ive lost over £3.5k since I attempted companies rather than sticking with currencies. So basically most of my profits from currencies has died on these companies Lesson learnt…

2 Likes

Market is mental mate. Good stocks like Etsy and Pinterest, I’m wondering do I drop it before the earnings? Cos if they don’t beat estimates by triple digits, it’s gonna tank.
Who would ever think that in the past!
Jeez

The kicker is, they surge at pre market and those privileged people who have access to pre market, make thier dosh and move on.
It’s what happens with ups today. Surged 7 percent and opened to us normys at minus 7 percent lol

2 Likes

Dude ive just cut all my losses and gone back to currencies. Least I know what they are doing and where they are at etc. ive always found companies too hard as you need so much info and you need an inside man as its so much different to currencies.

Think you’re right about that. It’s probably what happened with Fiverr yesterday. Dropped 6 percent for no reason day before earnings

1 Like

Exactly. ive seen the pattern so much, Comes in the market at £7 as soon as it goes live its at £30 like wtf. So yea am done with them. The last straw was Piedmounth Lithium. Like how do u win a massive contract and still tank

1 Like

The dip today is probably due to the secod wave of Covid-19, the proximity of the election and maybe even the lack of the additional stimulus in the USA.

6 Likes

They not giving anymore stimulus ? F**k what they going to do ?

1 Like

Yeha I get the blip but some stocks are doing well. So it’s not like across the board they went down.

1.Blip only seems to affect those who don’t have access to pre market lol

1. Second wave has been going on for weeks. US havnt even finished the first wave yet :joy:

2. Elections, yeah fair enough. And the stimulus has been hanging for weeks.

Also, maybe a dumb comment. But hey, 1st time the virus hit we were unprepared. Second wave, surely the powers at be know it can be handled better? What’s the panic about. Not to mention if it’s supposed to take the same sentiments as the first time, why are stay at home stocks dying ?

Still… why would a decent company best earning estimates by 100 percent and still tank.

Point is, reading the market now requires a crystal ball. All analysts are probably thinking about removing the ‘yst’ from their titles now

1 Like

This may sound a bit controversial, but on YouTube we in the UK get the PM and others reporting how bad Covid-19 is and implementing lockdowns, I’m in a Tier3 at the moment.
If you read the comments a lot are totally against all these lockdowns and restrictions saying it isn’t as bad as being made out.
I agree people have and are dying from C-19 but they are putting other deaths down to it as well, this alters the figures.
People who die from other ailments are being recorded as C-19 deaths, some doctors in hospitals have asked why they have to record the death as C-19 when it isn’t.
I am not one who falls for these wild theories but this time I do think something is going on worldwide and C-19 is the story they are sticking to.

I used to read the comments of people saying these things and thought they were just against the government but lately I’m beginning to thing otherwise. Rant over.

1 Like