Stop loss doesn't works

Think about it this way, in Invest account you actually own a physical share, you offer it for buyers in the market, you set the price you want to sell for, but you can’t set 2 different prices.

T212 video covers it all.

why not? take profit exists too

Yes, and in that case you ask for a higher price, and if I am happy to pay that price I buy from you.

In regards to selling - this video hits the nail on the head. Hope this helps

1 Like

Why for limit/stop option the app ask him for just one price while to me the app ask for 2 prices?
(tutorial is not on invest account)

Second video I posted is more up to date, she is using Invest account too.

1 Like

Watched. I have understand now, they could send the video at the beginning of the conversation.
Anyway, what is the benefit of using a stop limit instead of stop?

I don’t tend to use them personally.

I assume that they have a use if you plan on holding the position for a long time and want a minimum amount sold, but think that it will trade within a range and possibly return to the price if it dips way too low. No idea.

I mainly only ever use LIMIT buys and STOPS. Works best for me.
Each to their own i guess.

Edit - I sped up the video just to the selling part, that’s why it is half way through.

I meant the limit stop was the OCO and it is not. They should add it in the invest account too.
(ok for the video)

1 Like

It does add confusion for sure, I even got lost myself trying to explain lol.
Maybe they will, not sure.

Either way, i’m glad you understand it now a bit better.

I’ll open a tread about it. Thanks bro👍

2 Likes

Cool, I’m glad this thread is over. Hopefully if you re-read all our posts they should make sense in what we have been saying.

1 Like