Tax returns Uk question

Hi all,

Around 10 weeks ago I didn’t know anything about Trading 212’s CFD platform but now I have found myself £9,000 + in profit meaning I will need to do a self assessment tax return, does anyone have any advice for me on how to do this, I’ve never done this before & how much do I pay percentage wise?

Go to the HMRC website and register for self assessment. There is lots of information there about what to do.

In the tax year 23-24 you can have £6000 of tax free capital gains. Beyond that, the tax is 10% or 20% depending on you being a basic or higher rate taxpayer.

See the posts here. There is a section about CFDs.