Reporting Gains/Losses on UK Tax Return

Iā€™m in the UK and Iā€™ve stupidly left my 2020/21 tax return until the last-minute; itā€™s due at the end of the month.

I started investing in stocks and crypto in the 2020/21 tax year, so Iā€™ve never included my gains/losses in a tax return before. Now that Iā€™ve finally started my tax return, Iā€™ve realised that I donā€™t really know where to start.

I used the Bybit, Coinbase/Coinbase Pro, eToro and Trading 212 platforms. On Trading 212, I use ISA, INVEST and CFD, although at least I can ignore ISA!

Iā€™m really sorry for being lazy, but Iā€™m running out of time. Before I start searching and sifting the forums for each of these platforms, I am hoping that somebody can recommend some resources that help with the process. For example, is there a particular forum topic or website link that summarises the process of exporting the data and analysing it? Is the raw data available via an export/report function on each platform, or do you have to contact customer services to request the data?

Many thanks for considering this post.

You can offset losses against gains (realised), and have a 12,300cgt allowance each year.

Hopefully your less than that so nice and easy.

You may well benefit from a professional. Check out TaxScoutsā€¦ they do self-assessment returns for an all in price of Ā£119.

Disclaimer: Iā€™ve no affiliation with them. Theyā€™re currently crowdfunding on Crowdcube where I discovered them.