Time to look at Dividend Stocks?

Revisiting this topic.

Any dividend shares people would recommend?

LNG 6.8%
MNG 7.9%
SLA 5.4%

I need other ideas that are non finance :rofl:

1 Like

Abramovich’s steel company

Evraz 5.87 % yield

1 Like

Some stonks of interest to me for dividends. Dividends according to T212 so may not be correct.

Main Street Capital: 8.01%
Altria: 7.81%
Bp: 4,61%
Lockheed Martin: 2.74%
Rio Tinto (UK): 5.88%
Sabra Healthcare: 6.90%
Abbvie: 4.60%
Realty Income: 4.15%
Coca-Cola (NYSE): 3.09%
AT&T: 7.23%

I don’t hold any stocks just for dividend now but the highest yield in my portfolio currently would be:

BP
ULVR
TW
JPM
JNJ
HSBC

However if you asked me of all my stocks which 5 to buy now and hold for 10 years which would both have dividends now and then strong div growth/maintain yield:

MSFT
SBUX
BP
JPM
ULVR

HSBC and TW are ones which have cut/change dividend significantly but that will resume ‘normality’ in next half year-1 year. TW will reinstate special dividend 2022 and HSBC are going to return 40-55% excess to shareholders so I believe they like last quarter will be fairly profitable going forward with their changes so this would be at least a 4-5% yield by next year based on current cost.

Try a few of the REIT’s that are still trading slightly below or barely above NAV but pay circa 8%

AEWU springs to mind.

1 Like

Curious as to why in the name of b’jaysus you would hold HSBC?

Part rebound play/part contrarian view based on:

• Selling off underperforming parts of business

• Pivoting back toward Asia more, including expanding wealth management (China is minting high net worth individuals FAST, and they trust HSBC compared to any other ‘western’ banks)

• Picked up shares at various stages <400p so limited downside in my opinion as even ‘average results’ and solid div/buyback announcements in next year will push it to 500-550p

• Market feels like it is valuing it as a dying company, I am betting it isn’t.

I will be looking at their earnings VERY closely next few quarters, if thesis changes I wont hesitate to sell and move to other holdings, this is not a guaranteed hold for me. Also its only about 3% of portfolio.

1 Like

Ah do you not qualify for a constraint payment?

Or is that just for commercial suppliers

Yeah this was also my impression of HSBC just from reading the news and social media. I rarely see any articles or posts promoting it as a good investment choice. I hope it works out for you anyway!

HSBC is quite a complicated beast. Ignoring the H, its actually very profitable in the investment banking space. The problem being that JPM, HSBC, BNYM, StateStreet have been trying to undercut each other for years, and not admitting that ‘outsourcing’ although cheaper initially, is not actually ‘cheaper’ in the long run. A higher turnover of staff, results in lower knowledge retention, and higher volumes of errors that result in compensation being made.

1 Like

Interesting article out today linked to my 2nd point above:

1 Like

Anyone got much thoughts on Vodaphone? They have a lot of debt yes, but they seem to be looking to restructure that quite well, and fairly consistent yield since about 2010?

The only thing that I dont get, is with a 6% yield, why not drop the yield to 4% and pay off the debt?

That and I quite like SHED.