Trading 212 Dividend price per share different to company announced price per share

Can someone help me out. Why is it that the dividend price per share announced by trading 212 for a company different from the price per share announced by that company.
For example cardinal health announced $0.48 per share for 12/31/2020 but on trading 212 it says $0.41 per share was distributed. It’s the same difference with all my other dividend stocks
Thanks

You receive the net amount of the dividend on your account, meaning all withholding taxes are taken prior to its allocation. In the case of US stock dividends, 15% tax is taken instead of 30% due to the filling of the W-8BEN form when creating your account. The tax is coming from the US side.
For your reference you can check this article:

1 Like

Does that also affect dividend from ETFs that trade on the London stock exchange but have holdings of companies in multiple regions e.g Vanguard all-world GBP or Vanguard emerging markets GBP

I have opened my account in this month. Do I need to send a manually filled W-8 BEN via email to T212? I have read that it’s created and submitted automatically when new accounts are created. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks.

The ETF should pay the liable taxes IIRC.

1 Like

No need to submit it manually - I can see that your W-8BEN is submitted during the account setup (it’s done automatically as we want to ease as much as possible the whole process)

1 Like

Thanks Yasen for quick response.

1 Like