Trading 212 vs. Freetrade KPIs

TradeRepublic is an interesting case, they recently raise a big round and have invested a lot into marketing. Most of the ads Iā€™m seeing, in size are from TradeRepublic, Trading 212 and eToro!

So looks like competition is coming for T212, they have a very UI/UX friendly and straightforward app, more like Robinhood (exactly almost).

Moreso they offer:

• 10.000 shares almost
  • Options/Derivatives trading
  • US/EU and other markets supported
  • German 100.000 EUR Deposit Insurance Scheme
  • Full Extended Hours Trading
  • News feed per symbol

Everything there is also free, except that you pay 1 euro per side of trade, except at select ETFs.

There app is missing a lot of features, and I believe they would work their ass off of that, they are already setting up surveys.

2 Likes

Their Plus account will be Ā£10/month - I wonder what they can put in there to make it worthwhile, as all the things I could think of are freely available on 212, so why pay Ā£120/year for it?

Besides that, Ā£120 is a big tax on your account, especially since their average account is Ā£1650 it seems. Many of FT say 212 is unethical because it has CFD, I say a 7% charge is unethical. Obviously, account sizes will grow but even with my not insignificant account I wouldnā€™t pay Ā£120.

3 Likes

I just opened an account with them last weekā€¦ same way that I also have an account with DeGiroā€¦ when itā€™s about my money and future, Iā€™m very picky with my choices.

Let us know what you think of TradeRepublicā€¦ :smiley:

I personally have very small savings and hence a small amount invested, but I have one thing clear, if I ever invest more than 100,000 euros / 85 000 GBP I would use more than 1 platform to share them over, as that is the amount protected by the European legislation. For example, in the UK that is the amount protected by the FCA / FSCS, anything over that is not guaranteed/protected if the company fails.

1 Like

A few hours have passed, could we have more information on this ?

They made another thread on it. They will lend out some of our holdings to support T212 Invest. Similar to most ETFs.

1 Like

Trading 212 is by far my favourite platform. Only wished I had opened an account sooner.

:slight_smile: interesting metrics in the thread.

1 Like

Any update about this news?