Trading 212 whowing SPREAD!

I do not know why Trading 212 can’t (or won’t) show live spreads.
Every broker I see has the spreads shown right up there (between bid and ask price) and it fluctuates with every price change.
Why is it so hard for Trading212 to implement this? That will make also traders that seek short term price volatility to see the actual cost comparing with the move they are predicting.

3 Likes

I always use limit orders because you never know what price an order is going to execute at. Getting proper bid/offer pricing is top of my wish list

2 Likes

It’s not hard. They had it before. They chose to remove it in favour of LTP.

3 Likes

Why is it so hard to look the spread up? :thinking:

It encouraged my laziness having it in the app, and I do miss it as it was really handy.

Is it potentially as simple as a cost saving - one data point instead of 2?

We could start a new thread with a vote/petition of sorts to bring it back…

Include why it is better, and list competitors that have it?

5 Likes

To be fair, it is a popular request.

There’s loads of stuff I’d like in the app: like Z-scores, premium/discount for trusts and so on: but I can look it up or work it out easy enough.

All I really expect from a broker is good execution.

1 Like

All I really expect from a broker is good execution.

Agree with you, but the tools for a good execution like showing the spread or orderbook in my opinion would be really nice to have in one place.

2 Likes

Good idea. :+1:

20 chars.

1 Like

Which platforms do users use to see the bid-ask spread?

I usually invest in very liquid stocks/ETFs so spreads tend to be quite small and pretty much the same as the last traded price, however I was looking at some investment trusts earlier this month (due to the large discounts) and some of them seemed to have quite large spreads according to hl.co.uk so I wanted to see what sources others used.

Also, although it is not a big problem for me, I can imagine that for users trading illiquid asets with large spreads this can be an issue.

1 Like

hl is one good option.

Also tradingview charts will give bid/offer during trading hours

1 Like

I tend use HL or the LSE to see bid/offer.

Like you, most of my holdings are super liquid – so I don’t need to check often, only for a handful of more esoteric trusts like HGT which can sting you if you’re not careful.

I try to use limit orders in these cases to get a better price and mitigate the spread.

1 Like