Transfer positions?

That would mean that if you have 2,5 Amazon shares you could only transfer 2 shares?

Exactly, only whole share will be transferred.

1 Like

Just to be sure: will this also be available for ETF’s?

Any update on this at all?

2 Likes

Is there any update on this?

2 Likes

There is no update…
still in development and they will tell u the same at the end of the year…

Hi all,

Actually, I am wondering why it is not possible to transfer shares from T212 when you initiate it from another broker side? Whats the reason behind this ?

1 Like

It’s not something that it’s implemented yet. T212 said it’s in their pipeline but not for the near future.

1 Like

The differences in terms of transparency start from the very beginning when Degiro sends you a contract with both parties names on it while Trading 212 don’t. With Trading 212 everyone has to ask if they’re dealing with the UK company or the Bulgarian company. They say everyone in under the UK company, but no one has proof.

I agree each broker has its advantages.

Regarding stock transfers I also think it’s an extremely important feature, even though I don’t need it right now.

you clearly don’t know what you are talking about…

You are just proving the saying: “Against facts there are no arguments”.

2 Likes

Very true I have a DEGIRO account too and will ultimately leave t212 due to lack of transparency.

@David should we still expect details in Q1 2021?

1 Like

@terdia

I also think the transparency for future / important features could be much better. The competition does not benefit from Trading212 providing this information, as it is possible with all brokers.

It sounds tough, but I think Trading212 doesn’t want us to move the shares to another broker because they are afraid of losing a lot of customers. In the end, there really only remains the option of selling at a profit and paying taxes.

1 Like

@Dividendenfreunde This feature will not be ready this quarter and we cannot provide a clear ETA yet. It’s not that simple to build since the custodian is IBKR, not T212.

7 Likes

Thank for letting us know.

I posted as I was heading out the door, but since you need ‘proof’ on a silver platter all the time…

try reading the terms of service, or look at any of the pages on the website, or actually read your contract notices that get sent to your email inbox. in every one of these locations it tells you who you are dealing with. It’s also in the terms and conditions you were supposed to read when setting up your account. every official correspondence contains the information you claim isn’t provided and the FCA register also has it.

yet there is a “lack of transparency” because you didn’t read any of these and so you don’t know who you are dealing with? this isn’t a problem that can be compared with degiro, this is a lack of attempt on your own part. I assume now that you have the facts, you are all out of arguments?

https://www.trading212.com/en/client-agreement-st

https://www.trading212.com/en/AVUSUK/risk-disclosure-notice

https://www.trading212.com/en/Complaints-Policy

There is no need to be that aggressive, specially since it’s a matter that crossed many others minds.

And the reason is that all these documents you mention and others, as well as e-mail statements, mention the Bulgarian company. For example:

Trading 212 Ltd.’s clients funds are covered by the Investors Compensation Fund and in the unlikely event of default, you may have recourse to this fund. Details of this fund may be found on the website www.sfund-bg.com.

For many it’s not perfectly clear what is the role of the Bulgarian company, hence all the questions you can find in the community as well as references on how transparency could be improved.

But maybe you can leave here abundantly clear what is the role of that company in the relation with Trading 212’s clients.

2 Likes

Hi David, thanks for the info. Do I understand it correctly if I say that T212 team is working on it?

Thank you

3 Likes