Unusually large spreads

No other platform has the ridiculous spread.

Come on T212… you are not giving option to close the positions with this unusually large spreads… just compare against the other brokers same time. This is for UK share in normal trading hours.

3 Likes

And another one. Not a penny or junk stock…
Please either extend margin increase deadline or have a meaningful spreads.
This is getting ridiculous and it is outrageous to steal people’s money, amounts to day light robbery.

who will buy this spread? I think they are removing CFD permanently.spread

2 Likes

Are these pre-market?

I’ve just been informed that the instrument I had troubles with due to excessive spread spikes has had it’s pre and after-hours trading revoked - Pre-market access removed (cfd)

When was the last time it was possible to buy Tesla (TSLA) shares on the CFD platform?

The sell price just breached $600. The spread is currently hovering around $1. Is that reasonable?

Is there any way I can tell what the spread used to be before Trading 212 started messing with them?

Back before “The Great Spreadening of 2020” I noticed that most stocks had a spread of around 20 to 30 cent, no matter what the share price. So you could use that as a guide.

This is pre market so Tesla spread will be wider than usual.

@pipo and @Supraman is there a “Leader” on this forum that trades CFD?

1 Like

I don’t know.

I’m not even clear what a “Leader” actually is. I believe they’re not employees of Trading 212.

1 Like

I used to actively trade CFDs but when I noticed the unusual spread, I stopped immediately. What they say in trading is true, “adapt or die”. There is NO point fighting over this
(given current market conditions). I recommend to watch Anton Kriel videos for some enlightenment? GLA

3 Likes

Leader is just a title with some additional privileges to control topics and communities discussion. Definitely not an employee of T212.

Afaik @chantal is into CFD, not sure who else from L4.

They’re not employees. I believe they’re people who’ve posted a lot/added a lot of value to the forums. How they become leaders I don’t know.

It’s automatically given I think. Like you said, it’s just given like a badge - nothing fancy or anything.

Can you give a quick summary of what these are? Trading 212 use similar terms a lot in their communication but a lot of people aren’t aware what the issues are.

They just want to reduce their overall exposure to stocks.
Hence the reason why some stocks are pretty much unfavourable to trade right now - and they have the power to do so. It’s all part of their overall exposure and hedging goals for the company.
It’s all temporary though and they have openly said it’s reverting back soon enough.
That’s my take on it anyway - I don’t know for certain but this aligns pretty close to what they are doing as far as I can tell.

The markets have had record breaking moves in November.
The S&P is up 11% in November
Russell is up 20% in November
These are exceptional times and record breaking moves that have never happened before in one month.

1 Like

It’s nice to have some specifics!

Yes, you are correct.

Trust Level 4 - Leader/Elder (depending on the forum) is the only trust level that requires staff approval. I also think there can only be so many as well due to the number of permissions it grants, but plenty of things still require moderators to handle. for the most part its just a badge with a few additional features that enable the community to run smoothly and generate positive discussion without needing staff intervention.

We have been in the community for a long time and contributed to many discussions in various ways, being elevated to L4 was a means to make it easier for us to provide further support beyond what we could as Trust Level 3 - Regulars.

a general guide to what the various trust levels entails can be seen by looking at the discourse forum provider.

3 Likes

No idea either.