Vanguard lifestrategy etf

Can you please add these etfs , if possible also on xetra?

1 Like

Yes, we need LifeStrategy 80% Equity UCITS ETF - (EUR) Accumulating

• Ticker iNav Bloomberg: IV80AEUR
  • Bloomberg: V80A GY
  • ISIN: IE00BMVB5R75

LifeStrategy® 60% Equity UCITS ETF - (EUR) Accumulating

• Ticker iNav Bloomberg: IV60AEUR
  • Bloomberg: V60A GY
  • ISIN: IE00BMVB5P51

LifeStrategy® 40% Equity UCITS ETF - (EUR) Accumulating

• Ticker iNav Bloomberg: IV40AEUR
  • Bloomberg: V40A GY
  • ISIN: IE00BMVB5M21
4 Likes

Hi team,

Any updates for these? Great for passive investing.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey. :wave:

We’ve added the abovementioned ETFs. Enjoy!

1 Like

Most excellent - @RLX will be most pleased!

I wonder if anyone from the UK would consider using these instead of the mutual fund versions on the Vanguard platform for long term investing. Yes there is a 0.15% fee in and out, but you completely remove the 0.2% annual platform fee that Vanguard has, and get more choice to boot!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

@Bogi.H Can you also enable fractional shares for all of those?

1 Like

Can those be added in GBP as well? (With fractional option)

There is no GBP version of the ETF last I checked. You could consider VWRP similar to the LifeStrategy 100%, and counter with a bond ETF to create your own 80/60/40 and so on.

1 Like

Thank you for checking.
Yes, there isn’t a GBP version!!!

I would explore the VWRP option. Thank you.

Hey, @HuskyDogg. :wave:

They are now available for fractional trading. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Are T212 likely to add the Vanguard life strat 100%?!
It would be great it if could be added…

There isn’t a Vanguard LifeStrategy 100% ETF. :person_shrugging:

I don’t follow funds but found this

LifeStrategy® 100% Equity Fund - Accumulation (vanguardinvestor.co.uk)

Just wondering, why the reason of existence of this family/type of strategy, ETF of ETFs, with double fees?

Won’t be cheaper to buy directly the portfolio’s ETFs?

Won’t be cheaper to buy directly the portfolio’s ETFs?

Yes, it’s cheaper to buy them directly but there are still some benefits.

1. Automatic rebalancing
  2. Takes away the mental burden of seeing outperformance/underperformance, so it helps to stick with the allocation
1 Like

That’s a Mutual Fund. The nearest ETF equivalent is VWRP.

The fees are 0.22% are they not because they don’t double charge AMC? They might have changed slightly but you are paying for them to auto balance rather than yourself auto balancing the ETFs.

I actually think the LifeStrategy series are really smart. They’re all built for investors with different risk profiles and/or for UK investors could be a good SIPP strategy as typically you de risk from volatility of equities to bonds nearer retirement so you can work down the 100% / 80% / 60% / 40% variations.

So, bottom-line, the investors are paying an extra fee for automatic rebalancing.

T212 doesn’t do that with Pies, and also other brokers and robo-advisors with similar auto invest and rebalancing schemes, for free?

For rebalancing and mental/discipline investing, maybe private banking or a financial advisor/consultant (according to which national legislation) could do the same as those ETFs but with less fees.

Is that hard to do the rebalancing, a couple of times per year?
(A lazy portfolio generally have up to 4 funds/ETFs vs. LifeStrategy with 12-20 ETFs.)

I have seen similar schemes (ETFs of ETFs and Funds of Funds) but with some tax benefits (e.g. retirement saving funds in Portugal). Or target date funds. Or with cheaper versions of funds (generally institutional versions) or institutional funds (e.g. private equity funds) inside the vehicle wrapper (ETF/fund), resuming, assets that most retail investors don’t have access to.

The investor could DIY, allocating their assets according their age. for example, 80/20% (stocks/bonds) at 40’s, to 50/50% in 50-55 years, 56-60 years with 40/60% and so on…
If they do not want to sell some assets (risky assets) when approaching the retirement to buy apparent less risky assets (e.g. bonds), they can stop or invest less in stocks (“high risk”) and buy more bonds (“less risk”) towards the age of retirement.

I guess an advantage of an ETF that rebalances automatically could be tax efficiency as I imagine that rebalancing internally by the ETF does not trigger a taxable event for the investor and the company may pay less tax for the capital gains.

If an investor rebalances manually with it’s broker, it would involve selling investments with profits to buy investments with a loss which could trigger a taxable event and have to pay taxes on the profitable investment/ETF.

Just a hypthesis though, I haven’t looked into it.

@RLX it is doable to save maybe 0.05% reconstructing the lifestrategy in a pie but you won’t always match the weightings and you want to do cost analysis on rebalancing.