VERY Abnormal Spread (Japan 225)

most brokers have their own spread however on a larger view they are pretty much identicle. My refrence was based solely on the spread of trading 212. It jumped from 40 to 340 in a matter of seconds and then flicked back. It doesnt make sense to not be reimbursed for the inconveniance this has caused.

Hi @trader041, there have been a lot of people affected by the adjustment to base spread leading to wild conditions - Unusually large spreads including myself who suffered a loss similar to you whereby a small amount of shares traded in pre-market increased the spread to 30% on T212 and closed some of my positions. This led to T212 suspending extended sessions for the instrument in question - Pre-market access removed (cfd).

This, coupled with interest rate increases and long positions restricted to 0 got a bit overshadowed by the recent margin increase from 1:5 to 1:2 and T212 have remained pretty quiet on it.

I do feel the same way as you in regards to the recent margin increase overshadowing alot of other issues users are experiencing with little to no sympathy from the trading 212 team.

Im sorry to hear about the loss you incurred but yes you seem to have gone through a pretty identicle situation to me. Did you manage to get reimbursed for the losses you incurred?