What Etfs are you using

Hey guys. I noticed there are different etf’s on trading 212 in comparison to Etoro (my former broker). For example, over there i used VTI and VUG which are not avaiable on t212. So what etfs do you guys like on t212?

1 Like

I think VWRP is the popular “all world” etf like the VTI you had before

other ones to consider:
EQQQ - Tech
IITU - Tech
VUSA/CSP1 - S&P 500
SMEA - Europe
EMIM - Emerging Markets
INRG - Clean Energy
ESPO - Video Games
WCLD - Cloud Computing
CUKX - FTSE 100

1 Like

I’m hopeful ETF selection will improve soon on T212 :slight_smile:
So far I’m using:
INRG - Clean Energy
DH2O - Water
AGED - Ageing Population
HEAL - Healthcare Innovation
DGTL - World’s Digitalisation
LOCK - Cybersec
RBOT - Automatisation
ECAR - Electric Mobility
SAWD - World ESG
CNYA - China
ESPO - Gaming
WCLD - Cloud Computing

2 Likes

nice list, some interesting ones there…I think the T212 ETF selection is quite good myself

1 Like

@trader787 I’d like the following to be added (but I’m struggling to push them through - no success so far but I’ll keep asking on a regular basis):

• iShares Global Timber & Forestry UCITS ETF (WOOD)
  • iShares Agribusiness UCITS ETF (ISAG)
  • iShares Global Infrastructure UCITS ETF (IDIN)
  • iShares MSCI EM Consumer Growth UCITS ETF (CEMG)
  • iShares Smart City Infrastructure UCITS ETF (CITY)
  • iShares MSCI India UCITS ETF (NDIA)
3 Likes

I see, you already have 12 ETF’s, aren’t you getting over diversified? :thinking:

1 Like

No not really. If you think about it, a single world-oriented ETF holds shares from something like 1500 companies. Those ETFs above are mostly sector-oriented and therefore hold fewer companies (I’d say between 100 and 200 for the majority of them).
My current selection covers nicely energy, mobility, digitalisation, industry 4.0 and healthcare. However, I’m lacking exposure to major emerging markets, natural resources, and urbanization.
So yeah it’s going to be a very diversified portfolio but I wouldn’t say over-diversified.
Just my opinion of course. Everyone has a different strategy and most of those strategies are probably valid somehow :innocent:

Oh yeah, I see your point, keep forgetting some of these ETF’s only have a hundred holdings or so. interesting strategy, cheers.

1 Like

I have been also looking for exposure to India and I just found out that NDIA is added today.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve just seen that ! All the above have been added I think :partying_face:
Thx @Team212 :+1: :+1: :+1:

I only hold 4 ETFs, I’m trying to keep it down due to the fees.

Currently holding CNX1, INRG, RBOD, ECAR.

I use all the Ark ones :innocent::joy:

2 Likes

Not directly on T212. Only possible with pies over here.

1 Like

:joy::roll_eyes: think it went over your head. But thanks :+1:t3:

This is my exclusive ETF Investment Pie
https://www.trading212.com/pies/l7AEABFEhiIMD1Jb7xiemDGdQOnI

5 Likes

Personally im strugling with the relative high expense ratios, atleast in comparison to vanguard etfs. I saw a graph that showed the difference between someone who had a expense ratio of 0.07 and someone who had 0.45 at the end it made a huge difference.

@Pepijn031 I agree, the TERs are high, but from my perspective, they surpass the struggle to actively manage my portfolio by hand for a long term investment strategy. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

I have a dividend portfolio with stocks chosen by myself. I also want a growth portfolio with about 5 etf’s. The growth portfolio is a super long term one, so the fees will have a big impact…
I also dont get why etoro has all the vanguard etf’s

I may be in the minority, but I have something against the proliferation of narrow ETFs. Think there’s even a ‘vegan ETF’ in the US nowadays. Where does it end? To my mind, it’s just opportunistic marketing. John Bogle wrote an WSJ article which explains the point better.

Normally the index funds and/or passively managed funds have low TER’s.
Yes, if a fund is invested for longterm >1yr, then this TER gets added every year.