You can’t place a single order worth more than 95% of your free funds

Is there a site wide problem with placing UK limit orders after hours as I keep getting the error message

“You can’t place a single order worth more than 95% of your free funds“

I have plenty of available free cash in my account (even taking account of current limit orders In place) yet this error message keeps coming up. Rather frustrating.

All seems to be working fine when placing limit orders for US stocks.

are you placing a limit order for more than 95% of your free funds? don’t forget about + stamp duty

This is not an error but a nuisance rule at the moment and it will be removed “soon” for limit orders.
See @David s comment here.

Nope. Definitely have available free funds. I even deposited a bit more cash into the account to check… still get the same error message.

As I said I can place limit orders on the open US market fine. I just cannot do anything on the UK market without getting this error.

I have been getting exactly the same error for months.

It happens when I try to put orders after the market has closed or on weekends. I always use limit orders, so I cannot comment on market orders.
And yes, this error comes up when I have sufficient funds.

I have been getting exactly the same error for months.

It happens when I try to put orders after the market has closed or on weekends. I always use limit orders, so I cannot comment on market orders.
And yes, this error comes up when I have enough funds.

Actually just double checked all my existing pending limit orders. Good job I did as had a fat fingered trade which I missed which obviously was eating into my free funds.
Glad I checked now…

Maybe as a side note. It would be handy to have a separate screen On the app showing all existing pending buy orders.

Would have made it much easier to spot than having to trawl through each individual stock to check which live orders were still active