Air France Shares Rights Issue

Makes no sense as the rest of the global population has more money to invest than a single countries population. This action will likely mean that like me, once the share price recovers a little bit to limit my loss i will ditch the stock and never invest in them again. They have cost me £14k - will likely never fly with them again either

Sorry, why would we not be a qulaified investor? surely we qualify as an investor by the fact we already own stocks in them and qualify for the 1:3 rights issue?

It is amazing, i am trying to give them £20-30k and cant!

1 Like

Thanks @Bogi.H, @David @Martin @Joey_Fantana - please see 2nd from last post, it isnt just french, it is also EU member states and UK that are qualified investors… anything we can do?

I’m not staff, @David_H so I’ll let someone else opine.

Hey, @David_H.

Along with the domicile restrictions, the rights issue event is available only for qualified investors meaning professional clients.

I know Joey but i value your opinion on matters

1 Like

Qualified in this statement means either professional or institutional grade investors.

1 Like

What is their legal basis for this discriminatory treatment? @Bogi.H, @David @Martin @Joey_Fantana

Few these days come closer to day light robbery than this one. Well done AF.

What do you think Joey? Being an expert in these matters?

2 Likes

Hi. Just reading some of your posts re AF. I have a friend in Germany who buys his shares via Sparkasse Bank which I believe to be a German bank.
He has been offered the 3to1 rights
He in not French.
I’m very confused with what is going on too.

Hi Shaun1

I also heard someone based in the Netherlands but their broker DEGIRO offered them the AF rights issue.

Can someone from T121 offer some insight on this ?

Jed

Well, restrictions by country/citizenship are legally not allowed within the EU. I don’t think that AF/KLM can limit the scope to French citizens only.

I have AF stocks on my IB account and IB allowed me to subscribe to this Rights Issue and buy the new stocks. Furthermore they also allowed me to oversubscribe and buy additional stocks.
I’m Bulgarian, not French and don’t live in France…
Also, I have information from people who have AF stock on eToro and they did receive compensation.

For me, this situation is a ripoff from T212, not AF/KLM.
I have a significant number of AF stocks on T212 and a significant loss…

3 Likes

How do you interpret this then?

How come retail investors in Germany and the Netherlands were offered to participate in the rights issue?

There are evidence this was taking place.

1 Like