Any idea when this Greyscale ETF would be available for investment on Trading 212?

Hi Support,

Any idea when this Greyscale ETF would be available for investment on Trading 212?

ETF > GBTC ETF

It’s been requested before and it’s highly unlikely to be added, I’m afraid – not least due to the FCA ban on crypto derivatives which came into force at the turn of the year. Although it’s a trust, rather than an ETF, I’d imagine GBTC also falls foul of EU regulations on KID/KIIDs.

@topher Thanks for sharing that info - yeah was aware of the crypto trading ban here in UK but assumed that would only apply to CFD’s not to ETF.
But I noticed on the investment platform they do offer this stock ‘Bticoin ETP’ so I assumed they would at some point also offer the Greyscale ETF.

Is there a difference between the ETP vs ETF ?

An ETF is an ETP. But not all ETPs are ETFs.

ETPs include ETFs, ETCs and ETNs.

I leave to you to discover more for yourselves. Searching for knowledge is a good journey.

1 Like

@RLX “An ETF is an ETP. But not all ETPs are ETFs.” you said so much and yet so little :smiley:
hoped for a quick answer but your right sometimes your own research is the best. Thanks for those little nuggets of wisdom :wink:

The question you made, I made myself sometime ago. I went to educate myself, I learnt way more that way than I would if I just ask on a forum.

If you want fast and simple answers, Wikipedia is always better than asking on a forum, and it’s a good starting point.

After you do some research, you will see that my previous answer, although it seems very simplistic, it answers a lot. :wink: