App bug: can no longer edit orders

Iā€™m on the iPhone app version 5.20.6.

Since updating, I can no longer edit my pending orders by clicking on them. If I click them it just swipes left to reveal CANCEL.

This is incredibly annoying to the point of ruining usability for my everyday use. Especially when combined with the frustrating ā€œprice is too far from the market priceā€ - I donā€™t want to delete my stop orders until I know I can edit them.

My main use case is updating STOP orders.

This is a new phone and Iā€™ve tried closing and re-opening the app, holding down on the order, etc.

Also, why is there no way to report bugs?!

Greetings :wave: ,

The reason as to why we introduced this and further information on the matter can be found here: Modifying Pending Orders Update - 25.03.2021 ā€“ Trading 212

Nonetheless, for the time being, what you can do is:

1. Cancel the order in question
  2. Resubmit it with the desired criteria.

Feel free to approach me via DM if you need further assistance.

1 Like

Hi,

I understand why youā€™ve made the change, but it is very poor UX for a number of reasons.

Consider the following 2 Use Cases: (A) updating a STOP order and (B) updating a pending BUY order to increase price (ā€˜chasing upā€™).

(A) For some reason (separate issue), STOP orders are often refused with ā€˜price is too far from the market priceā€™. I do not want to lose my existing ā€˜out of rangeā€™ STOP order if the replacement I want is not within market range. Considering you donā€™t support trailing stops and have this refusal of distant stop orders, it is not sufficient for me to be able to cancel then re-order, as now my STOP may be much closer than I want it to be (e.g. for a volatile stock).

(B) I place a LIMIT BUY order but itā€™s not immediately executed and I want to increase the price marginally to ā€˜chase upā€™. In a fast moving market I want to ā€˜alwaysā€™ have an order on the books, so delete and recreate is too slow. Adding a new (higher price) BUY order means that I risk both my orders getting executed and buying twice as much as I want.

Both of these use cases can be addressed with good UX by enabling front end ā€˜edit orderā€™, then in the back end (unknown to the user), cancelling the old order and replacing it. This solves (A) since I will only submit the replace if itā€™s viable, and (B) since I only have 1 order at a time.

2 Likes

I was surprised at how well someone actually technically explains a potential solution!