Autoinvest with Self-Balancing Distribution?

Hello there!

I was wondering if itā€™s possible to set the default fund distribution in auto invest to Self-Balancing instead of By targets.

This would be extremely useful to us who donā€™t want to re-balance their portfolio due to taxation.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it was asked before (I couldnā€™t find the answer)

6 Likes

Not yet, but its been requested so we can hope to see it actioned sooner than a couple years from now. Auto balance is how M1 handles their pie system so would be good to get in T212.

1 Like

Hey :wave:,

@Daoā€™s comment is on point. Currently, we are not able to confirm ETA but weā€™ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Self-balancing autoinvest would be great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always self-balance when investing in my pies. This feature is very important and would be very helpful to a lot of people.

2 Likes

Hey, any update on self-balancing feature via DRIP or Auto invest in pies?

2 Likes

Weā€™re focused on other improvements, @GioMic. However, Iā€™ll let you know if thereā€™s any news.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the update. Iā€™m also looking for this feature. From the conversation, I understand that this feature is not on the priority list, but is there any way to move this feature to the top of the backlog?

For example, I have 2 stocks with a weight of 50% each, after investing for a few months, the ratio become StockA: StockB = 75:25, although it is a diversion from my targeted percentage, maybe I still want to invest in the beginning ratio, i.e. 50:50, without any rebalance by selling StockA which will trigger a tax event.

Thanks for your patience.

You can do this without autoinvest at the moment. Thereā€™s no need to wait for the feature if it is a priority to you. Just manually invest whilst they make the feature happen.

Hi Bogi, is there any update on this? As ā€œauto-investā€ and ā€œfund pie with self-balancingā€ are existing features, I wouldnā€™t have thought it would be too complicated to allow the auto-invest function to use the self-balancing function.

There arenā€™t any updates as of the moment and auto-investing is available ā€˜By Targetsā€™ only. The ā€˜Self-Balancingā€™ & ā€˜Customā€™ options are possible when manually investing in Pies.

1 Like

Thanks Bogi. I appreciate that there are no updates, but is this feature on the roadmap?

Itā€™s not among the features weā€™ll release in the next few months. Generally, we do have plans to improve the Pies and AutoInvest features, but I canā€™t provide any specifics or timeframes right now.

1 Like

Hello, I would also be very keen to see this feature. Not just for the sake of maintaining balance but for overall performance, as the reinvestment would naturally bias towards stocks that are undervalued and hence force an increase in yield. Over time this would make a massive difference and it would be great to automate the process.