Autoinvest with Self-Balancing Distribution?

Hello there!

I was wondering if it’s possible to set the default fund distribution in auto invest to Self-Balancing instead of By targets.

This would be extremely useful to us who don’t want to re-balance their portfolio due to taxation.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it was asked before (I couldn’t find the answer)

4 Likes

Not yet, but its been requested so we can hope to see it actioned sooner than a couple years from now. Auto balance is how M1 handles their pie system so would be good to get in T212.

1 Like

Hey :wave:,

@Dao’s comment is on point. Currently, we are not able to confirm ETA but we’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Self-balancing autoinvest would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always self-balance when investing in my pies. This feature is very important and would be very helpful to a lot of people.

1 Like

Hey, any update on self-balancing feature via DRIP or Auto invest in pies?

1 Like

We’re focused on other improvements, @GioMic. However, I’ll let you know if there’s any news.

Hi, thanks for the update. I’m also looking for this feature. From the conversation, I understand that this feature is not on the priority list, but is there any way to move this feature to the top of the backlog?

For example, I have 2 stocks with a weight of 50% each, after investing for a few months, the ratio become StockA: StockB = 75:25, although it is a diversion from my targeted percentage, maybe I still want to invest in the beginning ratio, i.e. 50:50, without any rebalance by selling StockA which will trigger a tax event.

Thanks for your patience.

You can do this without autoinvest at the moment. There’s no need to wait for the feature if it is a priority to you. Just manually invest whilst they make the feature happen.