Bid/Ask spread addition

do you know who is doing stocklist.ai?

At the moment I have a complex analysis indicator that I developed (still a work-in-progress) in TradingView but ideally I would like to create a standalone tool that can get live price data and analyse all stock on my watchlist in real time. Iā€™d therefore be interested where stocklist gets its price data. I know there are some price api around but on first glance they seem to have limitations

No, but I messaged via the ā€œjoin the waitlistā€ G Sheet and got a message backā€¦so someone is active and might respond to your query and/or help you out stocklist.ai sign-up

Oh wow. Thanks for the shout out @haggis_mince

1 Like

Welcome to our community! :wink:

Btw, nice work with stocklist.ai! :fist_right: :fist_left:

Thank you very much. It does seem to be getting some traffic these days. Seems to come from Reddit !! Glad peeps like it.

1 Like

I have to agree with @dougal1984 I prefer to get an indication when placing a order at what price the trade will actually execute. I prefer to use the limit method to trade because I feel you get a deal closer to the expected price. A buy/sell spread as an indicator would be very useful. I presently have to go to another platform to get this info. I have tried placing a trade at the LTP but as it often takes time to execute, i feel the limit order when available (not available in pies) works best.

4 Likes

Father McGuire,
Iā€™ve just signed up for T212 after trading on IG for several years (I summed up my FX fees over that time and thatā€™s what lead me to switch). I was very surprised to find no bid-ask spread shown, and so ended up in this thread. Does direct market access ensure we are getting the same bid-ask (and more importantly buy / sell prices) as we would on any other platform that offers DMA? If that is the case then I can just about live with checking elsewhere before buying anything. But if I canā€™t check then that wonā€™t do at all, as some illiquid names have spreads wider than my stop loss.

While DMA provides access to the order book and real-time market data, it does not guarantee that you will receive the same bid-ask and buy/sell prices as other platforms that offer DMA. Hereā€™s why:

• Each broker may have different liquidity providers and execution venues, which can result in slight variations in bid-ask and buy/sell prices.
  • The prices you see on Trading 212 may be influenced by the liquidity providers and execution venues they work with.
  • Market conditions and order flow can also impact the bid-ask and buy/sell prices, leading to differences between platformsā€¦

How can I know then the SPREAD of a certain product?

Since I have experienced having limited buy order not fulfilled even though the LTP has gone through it. Either the App has a glitch or something doesnā€™t match up hereā€¦ It would be nice if:

Show LTP in the product but as well the Bid/Ask in small numbers or something. Since this is VERY USEFUL and necessary information.
Thanks

1 Like

Exactly!
Kudos to this