Boglehead investing from Croatia

Hello dear friends,
as you probably know investing in ETF-s from europe is another ballgame than investing from US. For Croatia its much better to use ACCUMULATING index founds, as the dividends need to be reported 8 days from recieving them. I was wandering are there some simple index funds (vanguard, ishare? ) That would fit this criteria. We use HRK but euro in few years. Should I choose hedged, or in some currency ? Thanks.

Accumulating ETFs also have dividends that need to be declared, but the pay date is just once per year. For example, SWDA (iShares MSCI World EFT) had $1.0685 per share โ€œexcess of reported incomeโ€ paid 31/12/19. You never see this income as it is reinvested in the fund, but it is taxable (at least for UK taxpayers; Iโ€™m not sure about the Croatia tax system but I would expect the same).

For low cost accumulating ETFs the iShares Core product range is good: SWDA, CSPX, etc

2 Likes

Croatia is very specific. As they are mainly interested in founds that land on your bank account. But thanks for the heads up. But non the less paying once a year is much better than every moment. Also for bonds here we donโ€™t pay any taxes not sure for UK. And not sure is it just Croatian bonds or others. But will investigate that also. Thanks @Richard.W for your input.