BYD: The King Of Electric Vehicles (OTCMKTS:BYDDF) | Seeking Alpha

If you’ve managed to buy in when it was over sold and are planning on taking profits when it peaks then yes go for it.

It’s one of many that will keep chugging sideways. In another decade it will still be the same or worse. To me this not a stock to hold long term. Even if Monzo/Starling/Crypto doesn’t take over the world.

For swing trades short/medium I prefer to work with something faster flipping 5 into 10.

As for AML I wouldn’t hold long term, I have no faith it will even exist in a decade.

RSI up at 80 on the daily (I personally would not be jumping long term in at this point, would need to be sub 40), and spooky the 200 EMA there too. It’ll be interesting if the 50 crosses that.

Weekly does show a bullish trend. When you have so many EV manufacturers or lithium stocks, I can’t bring myself to look at stocks like AML.

ÂŁ19 a share to 75p

That is actually crazy when you put it like that ÂŁ19 to pence wow

I don’t think signing a contract deal with formula one is going to bring it back to £19 not before I hit the age of 70 and I’m 30 now…

Smh

I would rather Santander over Lloyds anyway bigger dividend and I believe their cash flow is just a little bit better

What is the best to have your EMA period on 20 or 50 & SMA 20 or 200??

I don’t tend to bother with 20 too much. 100 I rarely.

So looking at daily, thats a moving average taking the past 20 days into account. etc

On minutes that’s a rolling 20 mins etc

I prefer the EMA over SMA.

14/20/30/50 short term
200 long term

Obviously take anything in the charts with a pinch of :salt: do lots of DD and follow news on it too.

I don’t day trade so not really relevant for me, Lloyd’s was fighting fit before covid so I have no doubt they will atleast get back to the previous spot by q2 2021 which is a decent profit and dividend for me, AM dont need to be £19 to make a profit off of a sub £1 buy in thats just being greedy. Seen as I bought in sub 0.40p in happy with anything above £1. With mercedes sharing ev platforms with AM I don’t see why they wouldn’t be in the market soon.
What companies did you recommend us all to buy in the UK? Sorry I forgot you didn’t

Not day trade, swing trade if you are trying to take advantage of the SP going up is all I’m saying.

In another decade my prediction is that it’ll still be the price, or worse. In 20 years it’ll still be the same price, or worse. I personally don’t see the top four banks (Lloyds, Barclays, HSBC, NatWest) still running like we do today. Even in the last five years the scene has dramatically changed with fintech, crypto and branch closures.

In my DD I have found nothing to suggest it’s going anywhere other than sideways.

Screenshot_20201118-093426

Last five years of SP

Screenshot_20201118-094426

Just putting forward my opinion, you don’t need to be defence about it. You do you.

:neutral_face:

If your predictions are correct it still has over a 100% upside before it follows its sideways trend plus currently a 3.35% dividend.
You haven’t allowed much room for the history of Lloyd’s and how just before covid they were beginning to report strong profits, paying back the government loans and as the chart shows an upwards trend. Lloyd’s have had financial trouble since 2007 so you would need to look further back to benchmark your predictions.

I’m not being defensive I just don’t agree with people shooting down others that actually answer questions instead of offering alternative companies for them to invest in. It seems too many on here have a strong opinion on what not to do but very few offer what to do

My money is on Lloyd’s for atleast a 100% current upside, I’m 40% up currently

I’m glad it’s currently up for you, 40% is an excellent gain.

Dividends yep, agree safe to hold and keep :palms_up_together:

Btw I’m not just attacking Lloyds, all the legacy banks.

Top four UK big. You can see the 2007-08 crisis that really fucked them over. Prior to that they were in their golden years.

I lost my first company in the 2007 crash so hats off to any company that survived it, I think news is good for the top banks in the UK I don’t think we have the same approach to technology banking due to the rich and lazy in this country so good news ahead imo. 10 years from now they need to have invested into other avenues but for now I think it will be good news

I would expect Monzo/Starling/R to keep eating into them over the next decade. It will be a slow grind rather than going pop.

Gone are the days of needing your bank for a mortgage, we now have app banking, no real need for branches. There’s no longer having only one bank, or sticking with one because that’s what you parents had and set you up with one too.

With society rapidly switching to using Google/Apple pay and everything going cashless especially with the Covid, I don’t see it going back to coins.

Digital coins maybe, I don’t own crypto but I probably should. Who knows fourth or fifth generation we might be using in 20 years time.

Bitcoin > Ethereum > Cardano > ?

Theres no way the British pound will be replaced by anything foreign cashless or not it will be royally named in our own currency.
The regulations in China are a sign of things to come for start up online banking companies, I don’t see the threat to mainstream banking at this time especially seen as the mortgage apps are still being arranged through the leading banks anyway

I don’t see the pound going. More a case of being in a restaurant and saying do you take [ X ]coin in the same way you might have said Amex a few years ago.

More a case people will hold a bit of GBP, a bit of Gold, a bit of coin.

I don’t see current crypto being incorporated into national currency it will be a new pound crypto at best. No leading country will take a current format and make it the main form of legal tender they will just invent a new one

Oh I agree I don’t see it replacing the pound.

However I don’t see the government deciding what currencies people will use.

It’ll be the big technology companies and people adopting it.

You’ll get those accepted here logos appearing, as soon as Amazon/eBay takes whatever it is then you know it’s mainstream. Then in physical places.

Basically I see the traditional bank become less relevant over time. People wanting loans and mortgages can already get better deals elsewhere, and we already have better saving products outside of banks.

No innovation, just playing copy the fintechs to stay relevant.

Negative interest rates on the horizon. I have a bearish outlook.

:bear:

I think the charges for accounts will balance the negative interest issue, we’ve seen already that mainstream lenders are adjusting the interest rates based on risk so negative interest rates would hardly even be available its just a term used. The other mortgage companies mainly still lend from the mainstream banks so I don’t see anything changing?

The banks have cold sweat dripping down the back of their necks due to the world changing to digital currency banks will be the thing of the past within the next two decades hence why they value has fallen through the basement