Can i change my accounts currency from USD to GBP?

I am from the UK and I have been living in Australia for a couple of years and set my account to USD when i started.

I am now moving back to the UK and would therefore like to change my account to GBP is there any way i can do this?

Also… is there any cost to me converting my GBP to USD guessing it just goes off the exchange rate at the time? If i was trading mostly US stocks would i be better off keeping the account in USD? Just thought i would be easier in GBP as thats what i will be earning and using in the UK…

Thanks

1 Like

As t212 does not charge an FX conversion fee the only issue I assume you will have is that you want to deposit £ rather than $ hence the switch? The team should be able to sort this out I think if that’s the only problem.

Hi Dao,

Thanks for getting back to me, would this be possible and would this alleviate me being charge a foreign transaction fee once i am then depositing in the same currency.

Currently being charged 2.75% just to put money into my account as its classed as a foreign transaction because its in USD -_-

Thanks,

try sending a DM to one of the team members or an email through the chat button on-app. it’ll be faster to DM as they can at least give you a response straight away and give you the appropriate email address to contact to file for the change.

T212 staff will have “Trading 212” after their names on posts in this forum :slight_smile:

Hey,

Hey,

Changing an account currency is not possible at this stage.

Instead, you may close your current account and open a new one, selecting a different currency. :v:

hello, My account it is open in pounds and I would like to change this in dollars if it is possible. Please advice me how can I deal with this. Thank you

Also please let me know if I can I have cfd account in pounds and invest in dollars. Thanks

Hello Tony, Can I opened two accounts under a different email address to be one in pounds and one in dollars. Thanks you

Well, if you are going to be investing mostly in US stocks, it is something to consider. Take this as an example of what can happen:

How I do: I convert in Revolut to USD, then I transfer to Transferwise, and then I add (via Debit Card) to T212. Few steps, but it takes me only 5 min and I know upfront how much I spent in my home currency. So far I have only invested in US stocks and it seemed better to have the account in USD.

1 Like

That is great man thanks for the reply appreciate it :slight_smile:!

1 Like

@Tony.V can we have 2 accounts with different emails? I ask that because I want also to change my currency.

As far as I know, individual isn’t allowed to have 2 separate accounts, however some here found workarounds. Ie open on spouse name…

I hope that they implement.