CFD default position size

There used to be an option to lock the default position size for each instrument.
It seems this was removed. Currently the default size is randomly decided at either the maximum funds your account allows or half of that. Simply changing tabs from one instrument to another resets the trading size.
This is very dangerous as I have often unknowingly executed trades at full account value.

Please bring back some option to lock the default trading size per instrument

Hey, @ajmcgarry - apologies for the late reply :pray:

For the time being, we don’t plan on bringing back this feature on mobile. When it comes to the web app - any time you enter a value in the order tab for a specific instrument, it is saved by the system, and the same number appears for that same instrument the next time you open it.

Still, your feedback is much appreciated, and I’ll pass it on to the team as we constantly strive to improve and provide the best possible trading experience.

Thanks for the reply.

This is true for some instruments but not for all. For example, on Tesla it remembers my last trade the next time I use it. But for US100 and US500 for example it resets to max or 50% of available trade value. I like the auto save feature, but there may be a bug in there on some instruments.

Thanks for bringing this up. I’ll forward this to be checked by the team, and I’ll get back to you with an update shortly.

1 Like

Quick update, @ajmcgarry - after checking this with the team, I can confirm it is not a bug.

While we won’t be adding back the default position size feature, we have some improvements in mind regarding this area of the app.

Hi @Momchil.G , so when you say it is not a bug, are you saying this is desired behaviour? For these particular instruments the position size is not meant to be saved?

It’s not the final intended behaviour. We’re in the midst of reworking this feature, so it’s not a bug per se but rather a temporary state during our enhancement process.