CFD Position automatically closed without the share hitting the price - ✅ Solved

How can you say a drop from for WH Smiths from 12.08 to 3.057 and back in the space of a minute is not a technical fault? Plus it just so happened at 14:30 when the US markets opened.

It wasn’t just WH Smith, it was loads of UK companies with irregular falls. Aviva and Carnival to name a few.

1 Like

I am sure t212 will look into all cases reported and come with transparent data/reply.

There was similar topic in past. Very prompt and transparent feedback was provided.

2 Likes

Happened on 14 May also, I have list of about 10 companies this phantom spike occurred on that day and it’s all only on the 1m candle at open, normal looking prices for rest of the day, staff always take the initial view that it’s the client that doesn’t understand what they’re doing, never any problem with the platform

Clearly a platform/software error, happening to far too many of us today @Team212

1 Like

We have proven on numerous occasions that your statement is not true.

2 Likes

This is not the platform, they cant make prices up.

This happens regularly, there are traders on Level 2 who make money by looking at the order flow and reacting before everyone else.

2 Likes

I watched all my positions closed at 47% about 15 minutes ago. Has anyone experienced a similar issue. I have emailed the helpdesk but no response. I thought 1. A margin call will be initiated when your account goes below 45% (which I didn’t receive) 2. All the stocks were at pretty much the same level the past couple of days. Can anyone please help or give me advice. Thank you all

Just a screenshot. No way is this a market price.

1 Like

No you haven’t though, if you got time to get defensive over forum posts how about you answer the emails that you’ve been ignoring for weeks?

1 Like

I will wait for t212 to come back and give them evidence it has also happened with AAL and RBS on alerts and sell price (all with wrong numbers) probably its best to collect data evidence from here and other places to clarify.

When I say this I am not talking about the instances where market opened at a higher or lower position and jumped the price.

1. The market suddenly spiked to different prices at the same time (with a weird spike - this really needs to be checked) also screenshot above

2. The stop loss was not triggered - (does not show any jump)

@mvma it seems a lot of us have got hit with the same thing and none of our SLs triggered. Personally my account was well within margin call funds and I find it very strange that my own went down 4 digits before executing a price far greater than my SL was set at

Nobody is ignoring mails. There is a queue. We’re also not happy with the current speed we answer and we are taking measures to handle the increased amount of inquiries. Making such comments publicly wouldn’t result in prioritising your inquiries because it would be unfair to everyone else.

2 Likes

@George Adding more screenshots here. AAL stop loss at 19.1…it never touched in my graph.

We experienced a technical error with the spread of several UK CFDs on stocks. We’ll go through all inquiries on a case by case basis to make sure no one’s left hanging.

6 Likes

@George Thanks we will wait for you guys to get back on the query.

@david Thanks. Can you also check US stocks as well for Sell price - stop loss. Screenshot above.

@David I don’t mind waiting but also don’t want to clog up system shall we all send an email with evidence and leave the rest here

Just had the same thing happen to me. Price dropped from 1.3 ish to 0.819 for a moment. Triggered my stop loss

I’m guessing software issue and we get blamed??

Thank you David that’s great

Thanks, I look forward to an outcome and appreciate it’ll take some time to go through each one

Let’s us know if we need to document our specific cases on email