CFD Position automatically closed without the share hitting the price - ✅ Solved

Thanks David

I had the issue with rbs stocks. [reference ID # 38324]

The annoying funny thing is that by having a stop loss on I’ve ended up losing alot!!

2 Likes

I’ve taken all SL off my opens now as a result of it. Two days I waited for profit for it to be eating in a sec lol

Exactly the same happened to me. I found it interesting that the price it closed at was very similar to the 3.070 as the price it actually was - 13.050 when i checked on other platforms. Also according to Bloomberg its day range was 12.930 - 13.950. It can only be an error. I wonder how can they compensate for the many positions lost due to this error??

Mine does say it’s pending so I’m guessing it hasn’t actually fulfilled and as it’s a technical error as stated then “hopefully” it’s just a matter of reversing it

I was thinking the same. I’m not sure what the retail rights are here?

I had some very good positions that I was going very long on. It says closed on all of them. Can they get me back into that position that I was in. If not there has to be a considerable compensation.

1 Like

I am really not sure to be honest. I had some very good positions that I was going very long on. It says closed on all of them. Can they get me back into that position that I was in. If not there has to be a considerable compensation.

I have now received an email response which states that the team is looking at my case. It also states this excludes any potential profit opportunities. I am grateful as it sounds I will get my money back, which was all my savings, but at the same time a little disappointed as this has caused me a huge amount of stress today. Let’s hope all this gets resolved soon and everyone is happy :pray::rocket:

2 Likes

Great news :slight_smile: fair play to all

Hi, just to update on this. I also already got an email back, which to be honest was actually pretty fast. Looks like the problem will be sorted soon.

Since the t212 team might be busy, and since it looks like everyone’s got the same response, does anyone know what the following means?
“Yet, this in-depth look excludes any potential profit opportunities.”

Thanks

1 Like

“Yet, this in-depth look excludes any potential profit opportunities.”

This probably means that if you say “I swear I was going to hold the position until I got $1 million profit!” they won’t give you $1 million.

4 Likes

I have evidence of where i wanted to TP. All I’d want is compensation for the money taken from my account plus my original positions opened at the price I bought them at. I’m not bothered about compo, I just want them positions back. But Pipo… that actually made me smile that comment haha!

4 Likes

I haven’t had any response whatsoever for my message ID # 38584

Also no reply. Any updates on this?? #38847

Hey folks, if like me the downward spikes caused your account to go to zero, don’t try and deposit until 212 fix it, as i just added a small deposit today which still shows up as a £0 balance. I will have to wait till 212 return my funds that were lost yesterday before depositing again.

1 Like

@Team212 (40501) & (38341) email references

Still no response to me email and as far as I’m concerned my position in the market should still be open. When will this be resolved? As it stands at the moment Trading 212 have taken nearly £1000 off my account wrongfully and to not hear from you in nearly 24 hours is a disgrace.

Similar position as your self. A position was closed at the wrong price resulting in minus 550 instead of +350.

They said they’d get back. It seems like a lot of people’s accounts were blasted into smidereens yesterday though so I’m sure they’re up the walls.

Hello, @Jono23! We’ve just made the necessary correction & everything seems correct now. Could you please confirm that?

2 Likes