[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

Might this be the reason?

What is settlement?

Settlement marks the official transfer of securities to the buyerā€™s account and cash to the sellerā€™s account.

When does settlement occur?

For most stock trades, settlement occurs two business days after the day the order executes. Another way to remember this is through the abbreviation T+2, or trade date plus two days. For example, if you were to execute an order on Monday, it would typically settle on Wednesday. For some products, such as mutual funds, settlement occurs on a different timeline.

Source:

Thank you so much!!

Thatā€™s what I thought but couldnā€™t believe they would do this to ppl with such insanely short notice.

I better get to it.

See this thread

Iā€™ve never come across this before. Itā€™s always been instantaneous for me.
Seems a little too convenient itā€™d happen on today of all days.

1 Like

Well never dumped all stocks and tried to withdraw all in same time on T212.

I know I had settlement period on Revolut.

I have a few times! Never had the issue. Oh well, it was just to have some additional backup funds. Iā€™ve already loaded up my CFD account in preparations for the blood storm.

Same here. closing my account after this

3 Likes

Yep same, just going to ditch T212 entirely, this is insane.

4 Likes

thx, will read into it.

Well, it seems like the ā€œno pre market tradingā€ only applies to T212ā€¦

For example TSLA is very much alive at the momentā€¦

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Thought I had it worked out but I think Iā€™ve confused myself now. If someone could please clarify what will happen to my blocked funds at 3.30? What will it rise to is it 2.5x?

Sad ! Premarket Could have helped out a lot. usually It is allowed but surprisingly not today. I started to the Invest Account but know I am worried about putting all my eggs on T212.

Yes, times it by 2.5, and thatā€™s what the amount would be now. So you will need to fund your account or close positions.

Based on the calculator you need to add : 11601 More .

Can someone from the @Team212 group answer this question that everyone is now raising: why is pre-market closed for CFDs?

Again and again and again we only ask that the @Team212 treats us with respect and keep this community informed.

Thanks

2 Likes

Pre market not being available is not a T212 thing.
IG and other CFD/SB providers have also closed it today as it is a half day so the pre market is thinner then normal.
If they allowed it Iā€™m sure many people would have been complaining about wide spreads.

24 hours notice is on the low side but many CFD providers change their margin requirements when they need to lower their market risk.
At least it seems like people are learning about margin and leverage now.

2 Likes

We heard your voice and in order to provide more time to adjust your portfolio, we will be postponing the margin requirement increase until Tuesday, the 1st of December 2020, after the start of the US session at 14:30 GMT.

We will send a platform notification and an email in accordance to all this.

31 Likes

@Tony.V you guys rock :+1:

Happy Christmas everyone :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Excuse my language but halle-fucking-lujah

2 Likes

Itā€™s new, iā€™ve transferred funds from/between T212 ISA/Invest/CFD accounts, along with deposit from a bank account this week and itā€™s been instant.