[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

Thanks for the note on premarket openings!

THANK YOU! I will keep my 212 account now

2 Likes

Please ensure you inform CFD platform users ASAP (push notification and email), and not depend on the forum being an outlet of information, as many users will not be aware.

7 Likes

Agreed, people will be panicking.

@Hectares You’re right, and we’re working on it as we speak.

6 Likes

Definitely email notifications are A MUST in these cases.

App notifications alone can be overlooked , disappear without reading etc. They are not a reliable way of communication.

1 Like

So we have Tuesday 1st December to sort out selves out.

That’s enough for me adjust my position.
I am waiting for official notification as I don’t want to be trapped.

the best news of the day… you know what, Thanksgiving is the new April Fool.

yeah, so i can still participate in nio delivery numbers, at least the run before

We have untill 1 december!

I just received a message

Trading 212 has been such a fantastic experience for me and I really do feel the ISA should be paid for as it’s a far superior product to others I have used.
Trading 212 team with those brilliant minds will know what they are doing so not telling my granny how to suck eggs but I think a small monthly fee would add to the perception of sustainability and give extra piece of mind. Sustainability long term is my only nagging doubt. The investment ISA is fantastic.
Even £1 a month as someone suggested. A lot of people are making money via the ISA and I think Trading 212 should get a slice of the pie.

1 Like

Maybe consider introducing a monthly fee in the future and keep the margins as they were and minimise the spreads. I am sure many will be willing to pay that instead.

3 Likes

Your margin % will go down to 25.1%, basically positions will start closing because of the spread.
You better sell some position or add money before 3.30 UK Time.
That’s assuming all your positions are stock CFDs.

Thank you. at least give people time to sort out things, even just until close today of the US market to me would have been fair but this is even more fairer.

The deadline was adjusted to 1st of Dec a few minutes ago:

2 Likes

This is without a shred of a doubt the right decision - thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you ! Just received notification.

1 Like

Thank you!! Much appreciated