[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

They won’t be introducing a global monthly fee, but will be creating a premium subscription to make it more sustainable, they just don’t have the premium features yet to make one. But we have talked about what should be included in it before. Basically, no paywalls on essential features, only features some may find attractive (Lvl2 data, multi currency accounts etc)

1 Like

Finally some common sense and professionalism! Good job everyone all round!

2 Likes

Great news! Thanks that really makes a difference.

can someone please help here, I am getting extremely worried about this. I have attached my account below, will my positions close even though I have 70% free ?

I also have an account in negative at the moment, as I am effectively being forced to close this will I be compensated for this ?

1 Like

Well done T212!

This move is not to be understated, it was entirely the correct decision!

Step 1 to regaining some trust is complete. :+1:

2 Likes

I still have a naive feeling they postponed it because the US market is up and they have to pay out even more.
Worth having a look at the spread

2 Likes

Good job. This is obviously the best compromise.

1 Like

Guys, you have some time to get your positions in order now but please be conscious or variable and increasing swap rates heading into the weekend and the floating spreads in the meantime.

1 Like

Look out for crazy spread prices till then people! Lol :sweat_smile: I imagine that a computer software system calculates them based on Trading212’s liquidity position, so people be vigilant in what prices your trading on before placing orders

2 Likes

Good that T212 have budged, respect.

Can anyone please help here ? will my account be wiped out here ?

Likewise. Never had any issues before.

1 Like

I can’t seem to close any CFD positions. It tells me the market is closed but my accounts are going up and down as the market changes

Yeah, same issue here

Seems to have resolved itself now

Crazy spread prices. When the buying price goes up, the selling price goes downhill…

WTF is going on?

Absolute fKing tts. They give us less than 24 hours notice of margin change then 1 hour before the deadline they extend it.

Shambolic.

I’m keeping my invest and ISA account with them but will be moving my CFD accounts to IG trading and Plus 500. I hope more people do so too.

3 Likes

Hi Tony,

I know this is a frustrating time for all. I also see that you have said it’s “temporary” that the margin is being changed.

I’ll be honest. I’d rather not leave 212 as I think it’s a great platform to use, functionality is great. Education videos were also good when I first started trading.

But having 1:2 leverage when I can get 1:5 leverage on numerous other brokers EG EToro, it makes little sense to inject more capital to hold my current positions with 212 when I can be deploying it elsewhere. It also makes 0 sense to open new positions on this platform when they are now more expensive compared to the other CFD brokers.

Can you shed any light on when you expect the leverage to go back to 5:1? Will it actually go back?

If it is all still unknown then I am afraid, like many others today is my last day

5 Likes

Absolutely disgusting the lack of communication from T212 I currently have spent time ditching trades and stock and adjusting my balance out in a panic before 3.30 basically just thrown money away now I just get a notification to say no don’t worry will give you till 1st Dec They really have shown what sort of company they are this week with lack of customer communication!
Pull your money out girls and guys I’m gone good luck to those who stay!

4 Likes