Dividend Paying Pie on Auto Invest

Hi everyone,

What are your thoughts on some must have dividend paying stocks and ETFs? I plan on having a dividend paying pie when Auto Invest is enabled for the rest of us. So far I have Realty Income, Walt Disney (even though they suspended their dividend), Vanguard FTSE High Dividend Yield ETF and Vanguard S&P 500 ETF.

Any thoughts on what else I should include in my pie or what you think is good value at the moment?

I’m curious to see what the trading 212 community has to say. :smiley:

Thank you.

There are some well know dividend payers that you will certainly find in many lists:
O
STAG
T
JPM
J&J

for example… :wink:

I suggest ABBV, T, JNJ, IBM, VZ and maybe the oil stocks like CVX and XOM.

Vanguard FTSE High Dividend Yield ETF has yield of 4.09% and there is OCF of 0.29%. Because 15% withholding tax has been taken off that means the original yield on the holdings was (4.09+0.29)/0.85 = 5.16%. So you should be able to get better than 5% by buying stocks directly, i.e. 25% more income than you get with the ETF. Of course it is easier to diversify with the ETF.

Thanks for the list. I currently have some shares in O and Stag has been on my watch list but I felt that I missed out when the price was good

I appreciate the advice. Good to see an example put out in front of me. Will definitely make me reconsider my ETF holdings

If you plan to do dollar cost average, it’s not the most important decision point :wink:

True, still new to this so good to hear what others have to say

Hi

I’m quiet new to this chat room but been investing since the start of this year. I personally like the look of Nio is a Chinese electric car manufacturer but go check it out for your self.

Nio doesn’t pay dividends as far as I’m aware and the question was specifically about dividend paying shares and ETFs :slight_smile:

Sorry Your right Nio doesn’t do Dividends but New Residential does. They have been wobbly between COVID but had a good dividend yield before that. Have a look for yourself

Hi @Lil_Bri,

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up creating a dividend paying pie containing 11 stocks that I plan on holding long term. Then each week I add to these stocks. I don’t plan on selling out of any of them unless something drastic happens such as cutting their dividend. Then I created another pie with a few ETFs to help diversify my portfolio.
Not sure if any of this will help your situation but thought I’d tell you anyway as you mentioned you are new here.

Would you mind sharing a screnshot og you’r dividend pie?

Well cheers for the welcome Vince, hope your dividend pie works outs. I’ve got dividend pie myself. Managing to put it together with a couple ETF as well. But plan to hold for the long term at least 7 or more years. It’s currently 3% up but just started and it only got a £150 pound investment. Paying in monthly @ the moment. Cheers for message

Do people show there portfolios on these chats. I’m just new to this community???

Will do, it’s mostly consists of recommend stocks listed above and a few others that I felt were good long term holds.
I have Disney included even though they suspended their dividend but the potential was too good for me to remove them.
Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only investing a few months so by no means an expert :joy:

www.trading212.com/pies/l79z9oRisA1Oqfn0DO0eCUI9Auin

Not bad.
If you like dividend stocks, W.P carey might just be a stock you’d love. All around solid dividend stock.

Thanks man, I’ll have a look and might add them to the :pie: