DRIP - Dividend Reinvestment Plan

Isnā€™t it better to actively use your dividend and increase where the best opportunities are. Iā€™ve always thought of DRIP as a bit lazy.

In my case I have carefully created a PIE with stocks, therefore I do not think re-investing back into the same basket is lazy - it is just obvious thing to do if nothing huge has happened.

Thank you for your time to clear things out. Means a lot.

1 Like

its a good way to work the DCA and compounding over time for investments, but it doesnā€™t have a special tax benefit, its purely about keeping your money in the market as long as possible to maximise opportunities.

lazy is good if you only want to fund and check up on it every couple of months. lazy also means less stressful which is what worries most people - ā€œwill investing be a constant worry that interferes with my daily lifeā€ and similar fears.

1 Like

Hello,
I noticed that you can only DRIP your dividends if the stock is in your pie.
Is there no way for enabling automatic dividend reinvestment for every stock, inside and outside pies?
Would be nice feature to add if itā€™s not possible at the moment.

There isnā€™t a DRIP feature for companies held outside the Pies. You can create a Pies for each dividend-paying stock, and then the dividends you receive from those companies will reinvested once the Pieā€™s threshold is reached.

1 Like

damn that sounds quite the effort to have to create one pie for each stock just to have the drip for that specific stock

It only takes a minute or so for each stock ā€“ so itā€™s not that great an effort unless you have too many.

can you do it after you already own a stock? like make a pie after and insert it while you already own it?

Yeah, just create the pie then import your holdings.

Yes, that is possible - once you create a Pie, you can add the holdings from your portfolio to the Pie using the import function.

To import the shares, just go to the Holdings tab of your newly created Pie > More Actions > Import. On the web page, there is no ā€œMore Actionsā€ button. Instead, you can directly see the import and export button, as seen in this image:

We also have an article explaining the process in more detail, including screenshots, on this page.