Exportable Data

looking forward to seeing this one comingā¤ļø

1 Like

also makes it easier for taxes

1 Like

Great tweak. Have you found a way how to export older data as well? I have been trying to use the ā€œolderThanā€ parameter, but fail to find the format it wants an. The resulting error message suggests I should use OffsetDateTime. Its java documentation says:

The resulting error messages tells it wants A date-time with an offset from UTC/Greenwich in the ISO-8601 calendar system, such as 2007-12-03T10:15:30+01:00 .

OffsetDateTime is an immutable representation of a date-time with an offset. This class stores all date and time fields, to a precision of nanoseconds, as well as the offset from UTC/Greenwich. For example, the value ā€œ2nd October 2007 at 13:45.30.123456789 +02:00ā€ can be stored in an OffsetDateTime.

Just for testing I copied one of the values from my JSON export and used it in the query string (ā€œ2020-07-31T16:30:06+03:00ā€). Iā€™d think that matches the requirements for OffsetDateTime, but obviously it doesnā€™t:

ā€œFailed to convert value of type ā€˜java.lang.Stringā€™ to required type ā€˜java.time.OffsetDateTimeā€™; nested exception is org.springframework.core.convert.ConversionFailedException: Failed to convert from type [java.lang.String] to type [@org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestParam @org.springframework.format.annotation.DateTimeFormat java.time.OffsetDateTime] for value ā€˜2020-07-31T16:30:06 03:00ā€™; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parse attempt failed for value [2020-07-31T16:30:06 03:00]ā€

I havenā€™t tried since June

But if youā€™ve tried that format and failed then my best, untested guess would be a 10 digit unix time stamp? Everyone loves a good unix epoch, right?

Honestly, guessing. Maybe Iā€™ll play with it tomorrow.

Making all the data exportable in xlsx/csv will make it waaaay easier for non-UK investors to declare the investments on the tax return thing :grimacing:

I have got plenty of friends down in Italy to which Iā€™ve spoken about Trading 212 and that are waiting for this to sign up, as without exporting feature itā€™s really hard for them to keep track of everything.

Any updates on the above? Been looking forward to this for a while.

T212 offering is great and easy to use for beginners, would be great if more advanced features are added for people with some experience.

I had a reply a few days ago about this and i was told that they are ā€œvery close to getting started on that featureā€ so i wouldnā€™t be surprised if we get it in a few months.

1 Like

@George and @L.D

Donā€™t want to break balls, but the export function we really need before the end of the year for our tax declaration !

Please be aware of that, if we cannot export everything somehow, we will all have problems to fill tax declarations, which would really put all of us in big troubles. For example here in Switzerland, i really to be able to showw all ā€˜Dividendsā€™ paid within the year !
Others need to show capital gains, and even others need to show profits and losses realised on sale and purchase of stocksā€¦

I rely on you having all of us covered :wink:

Cheers
femo

5 Likes

Hi. Has the export feature been implemented yet? Seems like should be a simple enough feature to provide.
Thanks

1 Like

I wonā€™t bet money on that :grin:

1 Like

just because itā€™s seems simple doesnā€™t mean that there are resources immediately available to implement it.

Hi. An extension for Chrome, it worked with trading212 old version (not beta) I use in my desktop computer; ā€œTrading212 CSV exporterā€:

I hope it will help.

2 Likes

Hey were you able to figure this out?
I just had quick look my best guess is that the endpoint has a limit on the amount of data or time it can return, when you scroll down the endpoint is hit with a different dateā€¦pagination is probably requiredā€¦Iā€™ll have a crack laterā€¦

I have almost 40 companies in my portfolio and I uploaded the file to my portfolio manegement software without any problems.

Googleā€¦ always google; search: ā€œcsv file trading 212ā€

1 Like

The chrome extension is greatā€¦ Thankyouā€¦ But why does it miss off the first row(ie the first position) on the export. Have even tried reversing sort order before exportā€¦ Still misses first position in sorted list. Tried export from row 0 rather than 1, sameā€¦ Any ideas?

@George

Good Morning,

honestly George, it is a still worrying, that the Report/Export function is not coming ! Year is coming to an end, and we all have to start making our tax returns !

Am really getting a bit worried to be honestā€¦

We need an update on this one urgentlyā€¦

best regards
Chris

3 Likes

Hi. Yes, I realised later the missing of the first rowā€¦

What I would like and I suggest to Trading 212 is that they ā€˜investā€™ strongly in creating some MUST HAVE features that we are trying import or resolve for ourselves for months. The CSV export is a basic feature, as maybe other features to manage our portfolios. Nowadays I am still trying to find the best FREE software portfolio management . As trading 212 clients, I think we should be able to find some features (for free, to have more gains at the end of the month/year) like we find in Barchart, StockRover and many othersā€¦ I call all this ā€˜investingā€™ in your clients, the same ones that are making your company grow.

2 Likes

Implementation has started recently. Soon youā€™ll be able to export your account history as CSV or PDF. :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Will this include the dividend history and details about tax deducted etc. Itā€™s a long-awaited and highly requested feature and Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s included in this report. Thanks!

5 Likes

Excellent newsā€¦ Thanks George, keep us posted :slight_smile:

1 Like