Exportable Data

Hi,
I would like to export transactions and watchlists to a csv file is it possible.
Thank you.

Not possible at the minute

It is possibleā€¦with a few tricks.
Apologie if this makes no sense to some people!
OK, you need to be a bit of a nerd.

1.Login via the web (not mobile).
That creates a sessionId (you donā€™t need to know nothing about thisā€¦just do it)

1. Once logged in open another tab and enter ā€œhttps://live.trading212.com/rest/history/orders?olderThan=&newerThan=&frontend=WC4&filtered=falseā€
    Thatā€™s your recent trade data. Yes, itā€™s limited, but you get the point. Now look at your ā€œdetailsPathā€ it looks something like ā€œ/orders/9999999999ā€

2. In another tab fire up ā€œhttps://live.trading212.com/rest/history/orders/ā€ {YOUR ORDER ID}
    That shows you ALL the under;yng data of your trade. Price. Date. Qty. Etc etcā€¦etcā€¦

3. Automate that (=importdata if your a G Sheetā€™er or use a XMLHTTP object if youā€™re a VBA monkey like me!!)

4. You can now ā€œhackā€ out all your history on demandā€¦dividends tooā€¦ ā€œhttps://live.trading212.com/rest/history/dividends?olderThan=&newerThan=&frontend=WC4&filtered=falseā€

You get the pointā€¦ or, prrhaps, you donā€™t. In which case Iā€™m sorry but thereā€™s no way to detail this if you canā€™t code or hack youā€™re way around a website, sorry

16 Likes

For those itā€™s probably easier to just copy&paste the daily report into Excel or Google Sheets

1 Like

Would be good to be able to export your portfolio data as a CSV file so it can easily be imported to Excel and Yahoo Finance.

This is coming so we have been told.

please please please please please can you make this a priority? Its been on the radar for well over 6 months nowā€¦

Thank you.

1 Like

when do you think it will be active? Its desperately needed. Thanks.

2 Likes

I guess we can expect it when the new Web UI comes out (or close after the release). Web Sneak Peek post: AutoInvest - Web Sneak Peek

According to George, it is coming ā€œ~By the end of the summerā€.

Hello,

I miss the possibility to export the actually holdings in the depot to a csv file for other work in an other portfolio program.

Also I miss the data transfer to the popular financial german App ā€žOutbankā€œ (www.outbankapp.com) for manage all my depots.

Regards,
Michael Kurz

1 Like

We have been told that exportable data is in the pipeline. See posts above.

Any update @George on when we might get this functionality are we talking months away as really hard to analysis stocks with currently functionality on web or app interface.

keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@George @David Any update on this please? Appreciate some features are time consuming to implement so would be great even if this was a basic CSV function.

2 Likes

@Trading212 you have really gone a bit silent on us hereā€¦
@George and @David could you please update us ? This is an essential
Feature, which is urgently needed for people to properly manage their assets and prepare Tax Returns !

Cheers
Femo

Be sure, we havenā€™t forgotten this. The feature is in our todo and we will definitely get to it soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Soonā„¢? Or actually soon? :grin:

1 Like

Great !!!
Canā€™t wait for thatā€¦

Hi,

One thing that I really miss is a decent reporting section. Where I can review the performance of either my whole portfolio, pies or individual stocks and compare them relative to various benchmarks.

In addition I would like to export my portfolio details to Excel or into a .csv file. I havenā€™t figured out how to do that either.

This is something that I am used to from other brokers, but havenā€™t seen it here yet. Is it something you can add to the platform?

1 Like

I suggest you read this thread. The export feature is on the way. There has also been talk of more facilities for filtering and sorting investments.

Can we get a timeline on ā€œsoonā€ ? I too would like to export so that I can easily calculate tax etc.

3 Likes