Factor Based Investing with Pies

Firstly want to thank Trading212 for everything they are doing for investors. I genuinely think that their fee structure/pie system is a MASSIVE step forward for the DIY investor and will likely revolutionise the industry as a whole.

I am trying to build a portfolio pie for when I transfer my ISA to this platform and certain ETFs aren’t available in the pie system due to either being not in this platform or not available to purchase as fractional shares:

EMVL - iShares Edge MSCI EM Value Factor UCITS ETF
Emerging Markets Value tilted ETF
Please add this and make it so you can purchase fractional shares

IWMO - iShares Edge MSCI World Momentum Factor UCITS ETF
World Momentum tilted ETF
Currently available, could this be made to allow the purchase of fractionalm shares

IWQU - iShares Edge MSCI World Quality Factor UCITS ETF make fractional
World Quality tilted ETF
Currently available, could this be made to allow the purchase of fractional shares

These 3 changes would make this platform a no brainer for me transferring my ISA/SIPP (when available)/LISA (hint hint) to this platform.

Thanks for reading. I’ll keep checking back

10 Likes

This is a great post! I agree this would be a fantastic addition I hope to see these changes soon!

1 Like

Also these 3:

MVOL - iShares Edge MSCI World Minimum Volatility UCITS ETF
To capture World Profitability

MVEU - iShares Edge MSCI Europe Minimum Volatility UCITS ETF
To capture European Profitability

JPGL - JPMorgan ETFs (Ireland) ICAV - Global Equity Multi-Factor UCITS ETF
This new fund captures all the factors in 1 and is showing promise to be a majority of a factor based investing portfolio
Currently available, could this be made to allow the purchase of fractional shares

All great funds! Hopefully they’ll enable fractionals soon :+1:

1 Like

Realising now that IWFM can effectively replace IWMO so that’s 1/6 down!

The remaining 5 still either can’t be accessed at all or cannot be used with the excellent pie system:

JPGL
IWQU
EMVL
MVOL
MVEU

1 Like

Also:

WVAL EUR (or VALW GBP) - SPDR® MSCI World Value UCITS ETF (Acc)
A good world value fund.

Not necessary as there is a great alternative. But when a good fund exists, you’d like to have it as an option of course

To update: MINV is available as a fractional share which can be used in place of MVOL. So as it stands the list of completely missing from the pies system ETFs is as follows:

JPGL (JPLG as an alternative)
IWQU (IS3Q or IWFQ as an alternative)
EMVL (5MVL as an alternative)
MVEU (EUN0, IMV or IMVU as an alternative)
WVAL (VALW as an alternative)

If these could be available as fractional shares I would be much obliged :slight_smile:

To update: IWQU is now available on the Italian Stock Exchange as a fractional share. Thanks Trading212!!! So as it stands the list of completely missing from the pies system ETFs is as follows:

JPGL (JPLG as an alternative)
MVEU (EUN0, IMV or IMVU as an alternative)

If these could be available as fractional shares I would be much obliged :slight_smile:

Trading212 Thank You! JPGL and MVEU are now available as fractional shares!!! leaving only 2 ETFs that are unavailable on the platform:

Really appreciate what you guys have done

1 Like

+1 for this post, it would be awesome!

I believe that SPDR® MSCI World Value UCITS ETF could be replaced with this ETF from iShares already available on Trading212:

iShares MSCI World Value Factor UCITS

• IS3S (EUR)
  • IWFV (GPB)
  • IWVL (USD)

However, I haven’t found a replacement for iShares Edge MSCI EM Value Factor UCITS ETF (EMVL or 5MVL) yet. If this could be added to the platform, we would be really grateful @Team212 :slight_smile:

1 Like