Features Roadmap 2021

A knowledgeable user, not staff.

Point is that exact reason is what T212 have said before, they won’t publish a public roadmap as it opens the door to being beaten to releasing new features by competitors in what is an extremely competitive market.

5 Likes

Hi,

Thanks to you all for replying to this topic.

I am more in agreement with @Vedran and @onetimeengineer post on clarity and future vision and transparency. But also in terms of their strategic priorities. I remember Trading 212 saying that they are looking at making all stocks fractional and adding other smaller stock exchanges. So it would be good to see if they have specifically included it as part of their 2021/22 roadmap.

Conversely I respectfully disagree with @ryan9921 and @Richard.W . In terms of keeping their future features secret, unless it is something completely new and unique, then most of the feature requests have already been implemented by other platforms (please let me know if I am wrong on this). I just want to know which ones they are going to implement and when.

Also even Apple will come out with a roadmap of things they plan to work on. As their suppliers need to know so that they can align themselves and invest in equipment etc.

1 Like

Hi. The point of my message was really just relaying the answer staff have given before on this question. I am not an employee and I’m not a rival in the free trading brokerage market, so I can’t comment. They have also said before that they do not believe spending time on maintaining a roadmap, which in this industry can quickly become out of date as market conditions and therefore priorities change, would be productive.

1 Like

Hi @ryan9921 ,

That’s fair enough😄. I wasn’t implying anything.

But even if the roadmap changes or becomes out of date, just having one shows that they have given some strategic thought to their industry and their competitive place in it. Rather than being reactive to market conditions. I see this roadmap as a way of discerning their vision of how they see themselves and where they want to be in the future.

1 Like

I am not quite sure why we want a roadmap. We are not employees, investors or partners in the business who need to evaluate whether the company is thinking strategically. We are only customers, who are free to use the product or not. Sure, we can suggest things that we would like such as csv transaction data, multicurrency accounts and SIPPs. Trading 212 have shown themselves to respond to client suggestions. For myself, I do not feel comfortable asking for more insight into future plans than the team already share with us in the forum. Of course I am curious and enjoy reading about whatever insights are provided. I frequently see requests on the forum that smack of an entitled attitude, often ending with that phrase which I particularly dislike when others are asking things of me: “thanks in advance”.

400+ results for Thanks in advance

I found with search. Maybe it is just me who finds this phrase niggles. :thinking:

2 Likes

General idea about roadmap is for those features we have received public feedback that they are in pipeline.

To get sense what is next release goal, what features have highest priority etc.

Some of them are Fractional limits, multiple exchanges, those are features of top of my hand, probably dozens of publicly announced in pipeline features, thus they are not top secret.

No timelines, just what is next on priority etc.

Certainly that is not revealing to the “enemy”.

Cheers

4 Likes

Why don’t we enjoy the surprise what they do or do not decide to roll out, in respect of updating features.

The more questions we ask and expect them to answer on the forum, particularly the duplicated requests, the less time they have to spend on things.

Then again, this is a feature suggestion and ideas area of the forum, so come up with some ideas, and see if they gather enough steam to get attention.

Hey @Vedran @Beavis @Moul, there is a poll going over on Most Wanted Features Poll 2022 where in-specie transfer is ranking well, but not where we would like it! Recommend you head over if you haven’t already, so we can show T212 how important it is that they deliver on this.

Considering it was on the committed roadmap for Q3 2020 and then postponed at least 3-4 for quarters before they just said no ETA or commitment, this could be a great way of showing how much the in-specie stock transfer is wanted by the community!

1 Like